The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

22 posts Page 2 of 2
I'm watching it now as a result of all of your comments. It has made me so angry I have posted on their comment thread so we might get a few more newbies or lurkers with any luck :grin: And that mocking music :curse: :curse: :curse:
@minsmum I haven't watched it and am in two minds now, as I may get angry just like you. Yours is my post of the week by the way.
I live in the US so could not watch the program, but ever since I saw the orig post yesterday, had been hoping those who watched would come here to give their opinions. And you have come through brilliantly, thanks! The title alone suggested the angle the show would take. Just based on the thread here, I feel sorry for those women (men never regain apparently?) and hope they may find their way here to this WoL.
Well said @minsmum.

Funny how we have so many TV channels to choose from now, and yet every evening about 70% of all programmes appear to be 'freakshow TV' featuring unfortunate people with nasty diseases or floor to ceiling rubbish in the house or extreme tattoos, extreme fingernails or whatever. I don't understand how or why these poor people get involved, or want to expose themselves like that, let alone the mentality of those who enjoy laughing at them. Probably the same people who'd enjoy a good public hanging. Am I just getting old and grumpy?

@rawkaren - agree with you about the "isn't this funny!?" music - :curse:
rawkaren wrote: I'm watching it now as a result of all of your comments. It has made me so angry I have posted on their comment thread so we might get a few more newbies or lurkers with any luck :grin: And that mocking music :curse: :curse: :curse:

Just looked at the comments left for this programme on the Channel 5 website. Yours stands out like a beacon of hope @rawkaren so fingers crossed people do see it an join the forum as a result. Can't believe nothing negative was posted, unless it was in the comments that had been removed! :confused:
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote: I'm watching it now as a result of all of your comments. It has made me so angry I have posted on their comment thread so we might get a few more newbies or lurkers with any luck :grin: And that mocking music :curse: :curse: :curse:

Just looked at the comments left for this programme on the Channel 5 website. Yours stands out like a beacon of hope @rawkaren so fingers crossed people do see it an join the forum as a result. Can't believe nothing negative was posted, unless it was in the comments that had been removed! :confused:

Yes, it's moderated so I was careful what I said :grin:
I agree totally with minsmum. I wasted an hour watching this rubbish :pissedoff: , I was waiting to see what help they offered these women so I wouldn't switch it off. It made poor TV.

Chris x
22 posts Page 2 of 2