The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: coconut oil and waist
10 Nov 2013, 09:09
I must have read about 7 years ago that coconut oil was a better oil for you. I just think it's is from a tree and can it be that bad, compared to dyed marg. So just in case I don't go too over the top but in coffee home brewed I use 1 teaspoon of cold pressed coconut oil and sure it is an oilslick but it is down in a couple of mouthfuls and I get to enjoy the rest of my yummy coffee. My hunger craves are staved.

I just go with all things in moderation. Thanks @Caroees that was interesting info you just gave. Us
10 Nov 2013, 09:27
If you blend the oil into the coffee (I use a hand blender) it makes the coffee creamy and frothy rather than oily...
10 Nov 2013, 10:56
Thanks to all of you.. :like: . I think I will try with one teaspoon and see how it goes.... maybe in coffee or in my oatmeal porridge :razz: . Or like some of you are doing... buy coconut oil without flavour :smile: .

Anyway it is worth a try for all the good benefits I guess :wink: .
10 Nov 2013, 23:01
I wholeheartedly jumped on the coconut bandwagon when I started intermittent fasting in June 2012. I now can't be in the same room as a coconut without breathlessness and all over itching. I don't want to be a party pooper, just a word of caution.
19 posts Page 2 of 2