The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Cross with myself
27 Sep 2013, 18:05
So I have just figured out that I've been weighing myself on broken scales, I used some digital scales and they told me I'm 3lbs heavier than I initially thought. So now I'm really mad at myself and really disappointed :frown: :cry: . I'm hoping I see some movement on those scales soon. Hopefully tomorrow (my weigh in day) I'll see some inch loss rather than lbs lost
Re: Cross with myself
27 Sep 2013, 18:10
I bet you are gutted. I did buy some new scales which do more decimal places and fat percentage. It's interesting to see how many grams I fluctuate during the course of the week. Onwards and downwards daydreamer21
27 Sep 2013, 18:15
I hope so! I'm totally gutted right now I could cry. The digital scales I have aren't the greatest. I saw some weight watcher ones in an Argos catalogue, they were kinda pricey but it might be worth investing in them.
27 Sep 2013, 18:16
All scales are different hun. don't worry. Are they broken or just different? If you've been fasting I'm sure you will have still lost the same, just that your start weight was +3lbs. Keep going and you'll see a loss on the new scales next week. Don't be disappointed, you've already made the change to this WOE, that's the biggest step. Stay positive :)
Dee
27 Sep 2013, 18:22
I echo justdee's comments! X
27 Sep 2013, 18:32
Thanks guys :heart: I'm sure I've lost SOME but I just wish I knew what my true start weight is rather than what it is tonight. I'm sure my measurements will give me some indication of weight loss.
The scales I was using were just traditional bathroom scales, and those show a loss but they don't show the same weight as the digital ones. I think I'll just stick with the new one and hopefully I'll see some movement.

Thanks for all your support :heart: everyone here is awesome!

Sammy xx
27 Sep 2013, 18:41
I would stick with the new digital ones as like I said you get grams and sometimes those little numbers can count. Draw a line under it and start again with the new start weight.
27 Sep 2013, 19:19
daydreamer21 wrote: Thanks guys :heart: I'm sure I've lost SOME but I just wish I knew what my true start weight is rather than what it is tonight. I'm sure my measurements will give me some indication of weight loss.

Are you weighing at night? There is a great deal of fluctuation with weight/water/food eaten during the day, it's best to weigh first thing in morning, after visit to the loo and naked or very close.
27 Sep 2013, 19:25
Please don't be upset with yourself - it's all the scales' fault!!! It'll all work out - downward! Betsy has good advice, too.

BTW, I am a serial weigher - I weigh every day as Betsy suggested. One of things I noticed was the wild fluctuation in weight (2-5 lbs) from day to day. In the end I decided to call one day my official weigh day and put it in the tracker. As you can see there were some blips up, but the trend overall was down. So don't be surprised if it happens to you!
27 Sep 2013, 19:29
We go into boots to get weighed as I believe they're checked regularly by weights and measures so must be pretty accurate! x
27 Sep 2013, 21:32
Hi Dreamer way Up a minute or so the scales aren't always our friend your clothes are a better indication :heart:
Use your new scales and don't dwell on this issue they're only numbers
I weigh-in weekly and need those numbers to keep me motivated but my clothes are a better result non of this is worth getting yourself depressed and down about your health is more important keep doing what you've been doing and wait for the results. Good Luck. :clover: Sue. :clover:
27 Sep 2013, 22:15
Betsysgr8 wrote:
daydreamer21 wrote: Thanks guys :heart: I'm sure I've lost SOME but I just wish I knew what my true start weight is rather than what it is tonight. I'm sure my measurements will give me some indication of weight loss.

Are you weighing at night? There is a great deal of fluctuation with weight/water/food eaten during the day, it's best to weigh first thing in morning, after visit to the loo and naked or very close.

I don't normally weigh myself at night because I know I'll weigh more but I decided to see what my weight was on the digital scales compared to the old bathroom scales and there is half a stone difference (although the old scales show a loss from when I weighed myself last week) but I'm just upset I don't really know what my true start weight was.

I guess I'll just ignore this week as my start week and start next week...This could be a dummy run lol :wink: I did measure myself and I've lost an inch off both my waist and hips so yay for that! Thanks guys xx
12 posts Page 1 of 1