The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Darling son of mine
12 May 2014, 14:00
Since the Hairy's yellow cookbook has been such a success in our house, I got the first one - and the Asian one as well. I tro to make a meal plan for the week on Sundays, hate to stand there in the grocery store trying to figure out what to have.

Yesterday I gave both the diet books to son and asked him to leaf trough and pick out four recipes for this week. After a while he came back and had marked four ones - in the first one. Among them Jambalaia (today). Italian meatballs and one dish with fried chicken with potato wedges - can't for the life of me remember.

The only dish son refused to eat was the Tai Fish cakes from the Asian book, but I understand him, I didn't fancied it either. But The DH polished of the whole dish :shock:

Omg, I'm so hungry that I almost faint writing this ;)
Re: Darling son of mine
12 May 2014, 14:23
Wolfie i feel for you and for all the brave souls who fast whilst cooking for family..and have to watch them eat - and smell their food - at all random times! I don't think i could do it!
The only consolation i can offer is that loads of us are fasting today so youre not alone in this xx
And tomorrow, you can eat!
This is my first ever back to back,day two,going ok tho am quite peckish now and can barely wait til dinnertime! X
12 May 2014, 19:04
Oh no Candice Marie - we all eat the same food :) The beauty with The Hairy ones is that their recipes say 1) how many servings and 2) kcal per serving and all the dishes are under 500kcal.
So that is why I love 5:2 - I can cook ordinary dishes (where they tell the kcal) and just eat a smaller portion or - like with the Hairy dieters, eat my portion (well mostly I don't manage to do that) cause I could never ever cook several different dishes each dinner. Plus - we eat the Hairy dieters recipes four days a week, the rest I try to stay conscious about what goes into my mouth.
12 May 2014, 23:46
I want to eat at your place! And that wish applies to many on this forum who are great cooks. :)

Lucky you to have a son who will try other foods. My menfolk really only like meat and 3 veg, and one of them refuses to eat anything different. As dinner is the only decent meal he has all day, then we are stuck with this menu. Sometimes I spice mine up a bit, but I certainly am not prepared to make something different for me on a regular basis. When the "boys" finally leave home, I might then try a bit more variety, but OH does not like anything spicy...

My mouth waters all the time when I read about all the wonderful things people on this forum prepare.
13 May 2014, 06:06
Both my sons have been very open food wise. One of the only things my mom do, that I did was to say "try it, just take a bite and if you don't like it, you don't have to have it". By now I know that:
The DH don't fancy beans nor risotto, cous cous etc
Oldest son do't like onions and tomatoes.
Youngest son don't like cheese.

The only thing I cooked that the youngest spit out, was the Hairy Tai Fish cake.
5 posts Page 1 of 1