The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Day One...
14 Nov 2013, 13:00
Fish is a good choice, so is skinless chicken or vegetables. My turn to recipe book is the hairy bikers diet books. They take ordinary, everyday foods and tweak them to be low calorie, but without losing the taste. A couple of their recipes have become ordinary day favourites here.
14 Nov 2013, 13:01
Slight cheat tonight, but M&S veg mousakka count on us (280K).

I normally have home made curries (veg based) and these come in at such a low count, say 200, add cauliflower rice or lots of veg.

Hunger pangs will prob become the norm, you learn what are head and heart pangs i.e. are you actually hungry !

Now I prefer to feel a bit hungry before eating, and never stuffed. 5/2 introduces you to portion control without even thinking about it, great side effect.

Keep the fluids up, and if you feel unwell, grab a stock cube and water, or boullion.

I fall off the cliff by 6pm, so prefer my food so its either heat it up or cook quickly. Last thing you want to be doing is cooking and starving (as in gone past, I HAVE to eat).

Enjoy your dinner, sounds a very good plan. Veg is low is count and you can eat mountains of it :)
14 Nov 2013, 13:03
That's where the name comes from, doing silly distances on a bike, sometimes with gears, sometimes on fixed. Not done much in the last few years though.

Not all of GR's Cookery Course is 5:2 friendly, but my other half (Minigill) gave me the thumbs up for the North African Eggs, and it is so tasty and easy I quite often do it on a fast day.

John
14 Nov 2013, 13:05
fixedwheel wrote: Good luck CP, you've already made a difference by starting!

Yes indeed! What is that saying about '90% of success is showing up'? I love that. :like:

Good luck @couchpotato! Although you can't really be a couch potato with a dog to walk, can you? :wink:

I'm fasting today too, so I feel your pain! Although I have a salad at 2pm and then a soup at 6, rather than having to hang on all day to eat. I know it doesn't work for everyone though.

Keep going and keep us posted!! :clover:
14 Nov 2013, 13:06
PM me if you want the recipe !

Now the rate this thread is going, you won't have time to think of hunger :grin:

Home made ratatouille for lunch for me today. Microwave beckons... :like:

p.s. don't forget to try 5/2 recipe book as well :like:
20 posts Page 2 of 2