15%
Too embarrassed to tell the truth
4%
Didn't bother counting
44%
What's TDEE?
No votes
Total votes : 27

In the same way as we like to announce fasting days , I also need to stay accountable on TDEE. I don't think this can be a daily rolling poll, (unless our forum friends can help out @moogie), but I thought it would be a bit of fun to try....
I never count, but I'm sure the morning tea choc digestives and arvo tea chocolate will ensure I'm over :)
I don't like to count but I know I need to cut out puddings...and cereal :shock:
I'm another non counter, but I would say yes I did stay within and not counting seems to work for me.
When I'm eating something new, or pre prepared I count it the first time. Then if I eat the same subsequently I remember or look up on MFP.

An oxo, a tea, two coffees, mince, cabbage, runner beans, desert spoon of mash and a white choc chip cookie made by daughter. Maybe a bit over due to cookie. But also burnt >600 cals at class. Not that I ever take that into account.
Still lowish though.

Interesting thought provoking poll though Karen. :oops:
Presumably you don't mean on Fast Days though Karen? I certainly stick to 500 or less cals on THOSE days. I guess I keep a rough tally in my mind on "normal" days but don't want to get too hett up with it...otherwise I'll stop it all together (I know what I'm like :bugeyes: )

Interesting poll...thanks
1338 of a potential total of 1560. Unusually, I was counting yesterday as I wanted an idea of carb/protein/fat amounts. Probably only do a count now once every 2 to 3 weeks.
It's not so much as 'didn't bother counting', more a deliberate 'I don't count'!
But I do have a vague awareness of a normal eating/overeating day.
(This vagueness might account for the tracker line stubbornly not sloping downwards!)
I count occasionally. I counted to check before I ticked a dot on this poll so I could answer honestly. :)
I'd better add that although I don't count I do have a rough idea of how much I have eaten-I think the fashionable term is 'mindful'.
This might be a useful addition to the enhanced features of the Progress Tracker but maybe based round an individual's calendar? As a thread though, it is interesting to see how many people do not count.

The equivalent for me would be somewhere to log either the length of my eating window each day, or the start and end times.
i do count every day, I'm on an 87 day streak at the moment. Since my phone is attached to my hand anyway, I just record, because otherwise I'd forget that I ate & end up back where I was 8 months ago! I also like to play with the reports & graphs on MFP, they've helped me tweak my macro composition, identify rising calorie trends & I like the pattern of fasting days vs. TDEE days on the bar graph! What can I say, my life isn't nearly as interesting as all of yours :) I also keep track so I can adjust my insulin doses based on the amount of carb consumed - which is lowering weekly, so I'm happy. To each her/his own, whatever it takes- yes?
@nursebean. Yes I meant on non fast days. It's an interesting poll. I wish I was one of those who did not have to count but it is where I have been going wrong. :bugeyes:
@rawkaren I have quite a low TDEE about 1470 so every now and again I have to count as I get complacent and eat too much. I am in a counting phase at the moment, even so I sometimes sneakily go over.
20 posts Page 1 of 2