The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

35 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Disordered eating?
15 Nov 2013, 21:11
Well I have been so grateful to be able to stick with WOE and have only achieved my progress by having alternatives like fluid fasting. Agree with Michael 16:8 it is just a time restriction and you then can eat freely.

Also I would not want to deter anyone from finding what is their individual solution and we all respond differently. I am grateful to have found 5:2, and even the recent other options on here where we have incentives to whittle away a bit more. I was getting to the point of being slack regarding sticking to my goal, so now I am even closer thanks to the Christmas club.

I can only speak for myself in that having carted around excess of 15 + kgs from more than 20 year my weight has distressed me, I have several health issues it impacts upon. Now I have found some formulas which work well I am going for it. For my health practically and the for my vanity

So I will liquid fast, I will low carb, and some days I will 18:6 because I know what they all mean as I have had a go and experienced them for myself. If some people just want to do 5:2 as per MM and that works good for them they are lucky it stops there.
15 Nov 2013, 22:17
Skipping a meal because you are not hungry is what many people do without thinking when they are not trying to lose weight- labelling it 16:8 is arbitrary and if it works when you are trying to lose weight it suddenly becomes a dieting thing.
15 Nov 2013, 23:44
I think you need to separate "all the approaches other than 5:2 as set out by Mosley in his book" and "people with low BMI still trying to lose weight". Sure, this forum is specifically for 5:2, but there is as much "evidence" for 16:8, 19:5, liquid fasting, alternate day fasting and indeed 2, 3 and more days of fasting, massively restricted calories long term, (which Mosley did go into in his film too, in more detail than 5:2 for a lot of it.)
20 Nov 2013, 10:15
We have been without Internet access for a few days and I am only now catching up with the threads I missed. We have discussed, in the past, how rude we find it when others comment on our weight, or lack of it, yet adverse comments on a low BMI are deemed acceptable. Sad to say, this is not the first time low BMI's have been criticised on this forum.

Ballerina x :heart:
20 Nov 2013, 11:29
I think the fact of the matter is that many many people on this forum already had disordered eating in temrms of compulsive eating, starving/binging or severe calorie restriction before trying 5:2, and I don't think that 5:2 cures that for everyone, though it does seem to for some.
35 posts Page 3 of 3