The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
I have been doing a short eating window every day now for 16 months and I have to say that my appetite has not increased and neither has my weight. IF has changed me so much that I see no reason to not continue doing this for the rest of my life. I still have a sweet tooth and I still enjoy things like potatoes, pasta, rice and bread but in nowhere near the quantities or frequencies that I used to indulge. I don't know what the answer to this is for anyone else but I am glad to say that it works for me. As others have said, you really have to work out your own personal formula and then stick with it.

Ballerina x :heart:
Interesting thread thanks folks. I used to before 5:2 etc have the odd day where I just munched the whole day and then I'd go for ages eating reasonably but at every mealtime. Since IF I just find I am more aware of food, I feel hungry (a used to be rare feeling) and having more of a discipline around food if I am fasting.

Now when I get a munchies day I just go with it but try to be in form of veggie sticks, nuts, plant based, chocolate in moderation. I just figure my body is replenishing and I let it graze. Usually I factor in a fast the day after One when I have been craving and eating. I also make sure I have my treats and they now include minimal white carbs which aren't staples any more.

My relationship with food is really different more mindful and a lot less meals and less mindless eating
I have been doing Fast-5 (a five hour eating window) which a few people on this forum consider extreme - I don't - for 6 months now. I eat a lot in my window some days, but it is never out of control. Yesterday I had cake twice, because I was out with people in tea shops, which I rarely am. When I got home, I had mackerel and broccoli, and then yoghurt and strawberries and that was it. No thought given to a the biscuits in the pantry. Even my husband gives them a swerve these days.
18 posts Page 2 of 2