The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
donate plasma on a fasting day?
04 Jan 2014, 22:31
Hi,
I dont usually like to deviate from mon/thurs fasts, so I am donating plasma Mon and they only take plasma and put the blood back they do take out temporarily. Will I be tired if I am fasting this day, but plenty hydrated. I am a bit of a creature with habit and thought about fasting today, but didn't want to.
Hmm, not sure...I'd guess it depends on how you usually feel after donating? If you feel a bit below par, it might be worse on a fast day. There have been others who've asked about donating blood...so you could search for their threads to see if anyone has tried it.

On the grand scale of things, though, skipping a fast day because of donating won't affect your long term success on this plan, so if in doubt why not skip your fast or modify it slightly...maybe 1000cal not 500 or something?
I have never donated plasma, just blood, but even still I think it's a bad idea to fast on the same day. I would move your fast to Tues. or like carorees said eat more calories or something.

I normally fast Mon/Thurs too, but since I have Mon. off and it's easier for me to fast on a work day, I'm moving my day to Tuesday.
Thanks, I think I will do a fast on Monday of 1000 calories, dont feel too bad donating plasma, blood is a different thing though. If I go pair shaped will eat even a bit more and know in future to skip a day or move it.
On the other side, I did a full blood test on Monday during my fasting, and result came out as excellent.My doctor was impressed. I completed my fast that day and did not feel bad or weak. .
Apparently I'm a good candidate for donating plasma, because I have type AB blood which can donate plasma to any other type I guess. But, it's harder to arrange than donating blood!
6 posts Page 1 of 1