The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

65 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Dr Krista Varady's new book
18 Jan 2014, 15:08
Ballerina wrote: If my old memory serves me right

Thanks Ballerina, I’ve got one of those :grin: and yes, the snippet was what I wanted.

Thanks BBT053, I did see the original programme and watched parts a couple of times but it was a long time ago. A poster, who you will know as Breadandwine is a good friend of mine, though we don’t get to chat nearly enough. He started on calorie restriction a few months before the programme, I joined in and when OH’s GP said she should lose weight because of blood pressure I started that and together we had a lot of fun choosing recipes, doing the prep etc. I’ve changed to a 24 hour total fast (liquids only) after our evening meal on one day ‘til 6pm the next. I don’t think that was in the programme but I’m certainly happy with it - not least because today (being a fast day) not bothering with meals means I’ve more time to post. :grin:

So, to get back to the point, although I started by taking note of scientific evidence it was subjective feelings that led me to what I do now - not least of which is we don't spend so much money on food! :shock:
18 Jan 2014, 18:58
Spot on with the precis of the programme.

Yeah, we get veg & fruit delivered and now all we go to the supermarket for is dairy. I tend to buy meat in bulk and eat less often so it's cheaper, I suspect...
20 Jan 2014, 19:33
I tried to post yesterday but the Forum wouldn’t let me in.

I realise BBT053 that my post on the 18th didn’t make it clear that OH and I were doing 5:2 together.

On the general discussion about the value of scientific research I thought I’d link this

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... luten.aspx

Looks like it’s pass the butter time! :smile:
20 Jan 2014, 19:39
dennispc wrote: I tried to post yesterday but the Forum wouldn’t let me in.

I realise BBT053 that my post on the 18th didn’t make it clear that OH and I were doing 5:2 together.

On the general discussion about the value of scientific research I thought I’d link this

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... luten.aspx

Looks like it’s pass the butter time! :smile:

Hi:

See resources-links-f3/enjoy-eating-saturated-fats-they-re-good-for-you-t10796.html
22 Jan 2014, 16:02
Thank you simcoeluv - I’ve been following that thread as well, just thought this thread fitted in nicely with the way we use (or sometimes don’t) scientific evidence.
65 posts Page 5 of 5