The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Eating the day after FAST
02 Oct 2013, 08:37
Hi

I am just wondering if anyone else has these problems.

For the last few weeks now my body really resents food on the day immediately following the fast day.

Today is again such a day and I feel sick again, my arms are sore and tired and it was a real struggle to get out and about. I have had my breakfast now but I am still feeling out of sorts. I have noticed that this is happening more and more and it is taking longer to shake.

I have started to walk our family dog again a couple of days a week but other than that everything else has stayed the same. I do suffer from arthritis and asthma as well as IBS.

It's kind of a weird problem as the fasting is fine, no problem but the normal eating then presents with problems.
Re: Eating the day after FAST
02 Oct 2013, 08:49
When i first started i had days like that but not now, am just the opposite I'm not hungry in the morning so I do a couple of 16:8 on top of my fasts :heart:
But I do know you're not alone as many members do have the same
feelings as you're having :clover: Sue. :clover:
02 Oct 2013, 08:49
This happened to need for quite a while until I realised I was serving myself too big a portion for breakfast. Cutting down the breakfast by a third helped a lot to relieve the stomach discomfort.

The day after a fast your glycogen stores are really low and until you become a true fat burner this results in low blood sugar and a washed out feeling. As you become better at fat burning your body doesn't deplete your glycogen stores so much and that helps keep blood sugar stable.

Also try different types of breakfast to see what sits best with you.

Hope you find things improve :clover:
02 Oct 2013, 09:13
Thanks

I don't think I made myself very clear though

I feel sick and weak when I wake up and food just makes it worse. I am not eating a big breakfast as I have trouble keeping anything down. Last week it ended up with me just drinking juice until after lunch and even then my tummy revolted when I tried to have some lunch. Today I had breakfast but...

By the way I love your updated photo Carorees
4 posts Page 1 of 1