The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 2 of 2
Really? Rolos? :cry: Did anyone read the title? I live across the street (and up a few flights) from a 7/11. I'm sure I can get them there. I'll bet if I just climb the 9 flights back to my apt, I can eat a ton. Hmm, let's see...
Calories in 7 rolos = 200
calories burned climbing 9 flights of stairs...
...(per some random website) "A 130-lb. person walking up the stairs and carrying 16 to 24 lbs. burns 23.6 calories in four minutes, lists NutriStrategy. A 180-lb. person climbing nine flights of stairs in four minutes, carrying 16 to 24 lbs., will burn 32.6 calories."
I didn't really fact check anything, but it looks like a real loser's (no pun intended) game whatever the score is.
Lettuce speak of other things. :wink:
You are such naughty girls.... :grin: :razz: Rolos has been a fantasy of mine for years now. I wonder why we don't have them in France. They are made by Nestlé, right ? And we have that brand here, why do they keep the wonderful stuff so far away ?

@Tracieknits We would have to make a trade, there's no way I don't send you anything in return :wink:

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right ? I am a lucky one I learned from all that and build strength from it. Which make me, sometimes, a bit cold but it's a fair price to pay.

@ravingkiko Take a deep breath, it will be okay. You can't run away from ads or discussions about food, you can't be scared of them. Sure, some will make you have crazy cravings at times but it's okay. Really. It's a learning process on how to control emotions. You will make mistakes, learn from them and be stronger next time. I assure you, it's possible to do. You are stronger than all the cravings in the world, even the delicious ones :rose:

And I would pick a craving for cucumber instead of lettuce :wink:
Are you very far from Paris? I might be visiting Paris in August. Our budget this year is pretty tight after our kitchen renovation, but there's a good chance my husband will be sent to the big engineering conference that takes place the last week in August in Paris. I have days on my own and love the idea of a train trip to a new town I've never visited. :-)

Or, you could mail my son a Kinder Bueno in return. We can't get those here and he just loves them!
https://forum.fastday.com/post68626.html#p68626
Right now, I'm not in any way hungry, but I want a bag of (fill in the blank, they are the color of traffic cones and emergency vests - you would think that would be warning enough) but I am also very cold, so maybe being cold is a trigger for eating. Item 8? from the link says that being cold might be a result of fasting, but I wonder if it's a trigger for eating as well. :?:
ravingkiko wrote: https://forum.fastday.com/post68626.html#p68626
Right now, I'm not in any way hungry, but I want a bag of (fill in the blank, they are the color of traffic cones and emergency vests - you would think that would be warning enough) but I am also very cold, so maybe being cold is a trigger for eating. Item 8? from the link says that being cold might be a result of fasting, but I wonder if it's a trigger for eating as well. :?:

Do you have any chicken bouillon? A cup of hot chicken broth really helps me when I'm trying to avoid a salty craving. Especially if I'm also cold -- and fasting sometimes makes me cold.
@Tracieknits It's on next week grocery shopping list :wink:
I live 1h30 from Paris so it's not close but not far either :confused: I could come to Paris myself. Until August we'll have plenty of time to plan something, I am sure :grin:

@ravingkiko Cold can be a trigger, as can be frustration and over thinking. You can have the food you like but you should have them in moderation. To give you an example, I love chocolate and couldn't fonction without it. I allow myself one square of chocolate with my coffee every day, even when I fast. I tried the steamed veg and bland meat road and I was so frustrated after a few weeks that I knew I wouldn't be able to go on. If you allow yourself to have food you love from time to time, I am pretty sure you won't stop thinking about it as much as you do know. Just my 2 cents
Tracieknits wrote: Do you have any chicken bouillon? A cup of hot chicken broth really helps me when I'm trying to avoid a salty craving. Especially if I'm also cold -- and fasting sometimes makes me cold.

Good idea! I'm going to make bone broth today! http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3615609338/slow-cooker-beef-bone-brothI was going to the market anyway and I've been meaning to do this for ages. Just the thing. Thanks.
"... the results suggest that the more you see naughty food as a “threat,” the more your hand’s going to be drawn to it."

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/01/un ... study.html
Very true @ADFnFuel ...also applies when one sees naughty food as Treat and therefore so highly desirable its used as comfort/ reward etc etc..i lost three stone effortlessly in 2010 after reading a book which led me to view sugary / fatty foods as unwanted and totally unnecessary to my happiness..rewards/ treats came from elsewhere...
I am re reading this book now,as after many weightlosing months in 2010,somehow i started to see fattening unhealthy goodies as desirable again :confused: and put weight back on.
Proof i guess that these things go very deep in the psyche ....
Can we overcome our biology/psychology in the completely unnatural environment we find ourselves in and live happy, healthy lives :?:
Gotta try! It really helps to see where the traps are.
I don't know about a happy life because I think that we can't find a real satisfaction, there's always be something that bugs us, but I truly believe that we can overcome traumas and find a
26 posts Page 2 of 2