The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Evening with the Outlaws !!
02 Nov 2013, 21:57
:heart: As requested I report in after my evening meal out with my in laws who when I'de lost 25lbs never noticed anyting at all :shock: this was not such a big shock as at that time I was still using my ''older + bigger '' clothes :shock:
So to tonight 3 months later + 3stone (42lbs) lighter and basically NOTHING !!! we went all evening over 2 courses wine and yes i'm stuffed, well I was told my hair was nice + told i looked well, i'm finding this very funny really, and when we were walking through the car park one SiL said again how well i looked and quietly asked if i'de lost weight :cool: :cool: success I'd say !! the sad thing is I'd noticed early in the evening that probably for the first time in her life she'd gained at least a stone, now had she bought the subject up before I would have willingly have told her about 5:2
Believe me I never notice this as I've always been so good at it myself, so how come I noticed this time?.
All in all an enjoyable night and good meal + catch-up
Also felt good in myself and confident in my new clothes even OH said i looked good !! :heart: Sue. :clover:
Re: Evening with the Outlaws !!
02 Nov 2013, 22:04
What a boost to your confidence Sue! You must be walking on air! Bet your SIL couldn't help but notice your weight loss and next time you see your outlaws they'll be even more gobsmacked! :wink: :like:
02 Nov 2013, 22:05
My MiL gave me a lecture on how to lose weight on Rosemary Conley last time I saw her. They never say anything about how I have actually lost the weight...

Given I have embraced the lowish carbs & higher fat thing, that lecture was 10 mins I'll never get back...

Good on you.
02 Nov 2013, 22:08
You can choose your friends, you can't do anything about the outlaws! Smile and be gracious in your weightloss xx
02 Nov 2013, 22:17
Yay Sue. I bet you felt and looked great!
02 Nov 2013, 22:23
:heart: OH Yes callyanna I've been on air for ages never felt like this before :victory:
BBT yes love those sort of lectures when you're secretly thinking ''I know the truth'' good feeling :heart:
:heart: Penny hope you had a good evening :heart:
yes we can choose our friends + nowaday's i do + family well some we do just endure :shock: but I'm secretly inwardly laughing really because if the boot was on the other foot I myself would have praised the person not secretly slightly appraised :shock: :shock: nowt so queer as folk :clover: Sue

Julianna yes I did feel good carefully choosing my outfit Lol :heart:
02 Nov 2013, 22:33
I'd say that was a good result Sue. I've mentioned to my MIL a few times that I have lost over 2st and she immediately changes the subject, usually to my SIL's weight loss. My SIL has been on a diet since I've known her, about 23 years and is getting bigger :confused: . I'm not sure whether I exist or not :wink: .
02 Nov 2013, 22:39
I have noticed when people ask if I have lost weight and I tell them how much they are completely silent or change the subject! Strange.
Well done for coping so well xxxx
02 Nov 2013, 22:46
:like: wildmissus I've wondered if I've existed for years also wonder why some people do that to us :shock:

Drilakila that is exactly what happened instantly changed the subject to Christmas weird :clover: Sue
02 Nov 2013, 22:57
Think it's as Julieathome said on another thread - they have difficulty with the concept, ie that you are physically different from previously. (And mentally different as well of course!) A lot of folk take pleasure in another's troubles or misfortune (especially if it's less-than-immediate family) and can't cope or adjust when the inverse occurs, and what they've taken for granted for years is no longer true. So they just ignore it.

The boot is indeed on the other foot @Sue.Q and @wildmissus - take it as an inverted compliment! :victory: :cool: :victory: :wink: it means you've done good!
02 Nov 2013, 22:57
My SiL is 65, a size 10, very glamorous and pretty, plus being a lovely warm person. I wish I could hate her, for I feel like a carthorse beside a beautiful Arab mare, but she's just too damn lovely!!
02 Nov 2013, 23:02
Well at least she is a nice person Penny as well as being fab looking! :wink:
02 Nov 2013, 23:14
Silverdarling that's exactly what I said to the hubby I think I've just had a backhanded compliment :heart:

Penny my own sister is just the same ad your sil
But i think she's just so wrapped up in her own little world that she also would never have noticed my changes if she had'nt been told beforhand from another relation some people are just weired :shock: never mind nothing will make me climb down from my 6month high :victory: Sue. :clover:
02 Nov 2013, 23:24
I think some people are reticent about 'size' incase it offends anyone. They would rather keep quiet than say, 'you've lost weight', in case you think they infer you're overweight.
Odd, but true.
02 Nov 2013, 23:43
It's great that your hard work and commitment has had some well deserved recognition. I think some people just can't stand to see others gaining control and making positive changes in their life. Well done hun. Just imagine their faces next time you see them. I'm glad you had a good night. :)
Dee
23 posts Page 1 of 2