The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
Maybe I have not read all the replies in full properly but the concept i had is nothing like 36 hours of no calorie eating.

Say its my a sunday fast.

I would stop eating say 10pm Saturday night and then eat per usual 4:3 standards (1/4 TDEE) the follow day Sunday. So definitely would be having food from about 4pm on Sunday and then a normal dinner with drinks of some sort all day. Then would wake up Monday and depending on weight eat a bit later in the day.

So at no time am fasting for longer than the prescribed time or anywhere near it. indeed. something like 10pm to 4pm the next day thus 16 hours.

i think the word "fasting" can be misinterpreted as liquid fast. Forme to fast it also includes the 500 calories or so in the 24 hour period.

i dont believe in zero or near zero calorie fasting for longer than about 15 or 16 hours

so i think she is sweet here Tracie.

the word "fast" can be so confusing i think. the general population refers to it as liquid only eating but that's not what i meant.

So hopefully this thread can remain, but thank you for being vigilant as we must all stay safe and healthy in our mission to a desired weight.
Awesome! thank you :-)

Yes, it's totally okay to do what you did as long as you ate something on Monday (1/4 TDEE or about 500 calories). It's not recommended, but it's certainly allowed :-)
Tracieknits wrote: Awesome! thank you :-)

Yes, it's totally okay to do what you did as long as you ate something on Monday (1/4 TDEE or about 500 calories). It's not recommended, but it's certainly allowed :-)

No worries. Definitely couldnt imagine not starting to eat solids again by about 4pm Monday.
18 posts Page 2 of 2