The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi all
Been away for nine days in our caravan and have just eaten rubbish and drank loads of wine and came back home today and was going to be a fast day but that went out the window :'(
Today I polished off a whole box of Maltesers, a packet of Maryland chunky Biscuits some sweets from M&S and a whole pizza!!!!!!!
Will weigh in the morning but will not like what I see and hoping to do a back to back fast on Sat and Sun and goin to cut my calories to 1250 for a week or two and get what ever I put on off again.
I bet I have put half a stone or more on :-(
Oh dear :frown: I think we have all been there when it seemed like a good idea to eat everything that wasn't nailed down. Pick yourself up and get back on the wagon, in the long term you know it makes you feel sooooooo much better than any cr*p you might indulge in. Don't beat yourself up tomorrow is whole new day :grin:
Even if you do register an 7 lb uptick I'd be prepared to guess that a fair amount of that would be fluid. For it to be 7 lbs of fat, you'd have had to chow down on an oddly well-paced, high conversion number of excess calories to the tune of 14,000 (if you were jolly unlucky) to as many as 24,500 if you were bog standard.

Good Luck with shedding the excess baggage and I wonder if sloughing off the remorse and any guilt right now would be of great assistance to you. It happens - if there's anything useful to learn, that's great. Otherwise, No Big Deal and put it in your rearview mirror as part of your 5:2 journey.
Thats not falling off the Wagon, thats just having a good time while on holidays. We do 5:2 so that we can enjoy sometimes without the guilt. I also wouldnt do back to back fasts as I would fail that miserably, I reckon you just get yourself back to normal fasting and it will all fall into place again.
Its only 9 days, later in the year I'm traveling for 6 weeks, no fasting just eating and drinking my way around the UK - eeeekkk imagine what I will weigh after that!!! :lol:
Feeling guilty won't help. Just get back to it and it will all work out!
Well my weigh in was not good I have put on 6LBs in 9days and I feel really angry with myself for eating all that rubbish.
And now my hubby wants to go away again sometime next month :O for another week god help me, its a fast day for me today and tomorrow, just hope my weight gain comes off quickly!!
@Mariondot40...yikes!! Now, please don't worry. I did EXACTLY the same recently. Went on holiday for a week, ate the whole of Padstow it seemed, I literally swelled up and felt awful whilst there. Came back, got back on my fasting saddle and within the first week I felt so much better. I didn't dare weigh...too disheartening (so I take my hat off to you for being so brave!). Anyway, I think I'll weigh tomorrow seeing as its the first of the month :wink:
Basically, give it a week, weigh yourself and you'll be very pleasantly surprised, I am sure...as long as you do some fasting that is. No more Maltesers...at lest for a bit :wink:
Just remind yourself how good fasting it. You can repair the damage whenever you like!
Bean :heart:
Ok so you had a good holiday....life is for living after all so don't beat yourself up too much about it.
We all know how to sort out the excess holiday baggage, don't we. A couple of really good fasts and you'll feel so much better.
Just take a look at my tracker, holidays, Xmas, more holiday. It's like a wavy line telling a story of my last 18 months of fasting life.
Just been there, so you are not alone.
But hang on there and get back on the right path - I bed You start feeling better immediately.

Take care :heart:
Yep, been there, done that, still wearing the t-shirt and still plodding on. You are amongst like minded people with the same kind of issues. Stick with it.
I wouldn't cut your calories so drastically every day. Maybe every other day? Maybe do 1000 calories one day, and your full TDEE the next? I think that consistently consuming a very low calorie diet teaches your body to hold on to fat.

But yeah, we have all been there, done that. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.
Well my fast day is going very well so far have not eaten any thing yet and not hungry just drinking loads of water etc, going to have a bowl of porridge later with some greek yogurt and that fills me up and think it will be an early night for me.
Thanx for your posts it makes me feel better that Im not the only one who over eats when on holiday ;-)
Hi all
After my fast my weight has dropped by 2LBS so just another 4 to get of :-) and going to have another fast today (hopefully) and very happy now :-)
mariondot40 wrote: After my fast my weight has dropped by 2LBS so just another 4 to get of

Good to read your report - it read as if some the gain was fluid so it's good to see that confirmed in your progress. I hope the remainder of your fast is peaceful. Good Luck!
Oh Marion? @Mariondot40 thats great! Told you it wouldn't take long to get rid of. You sound like me. You cling on to water like a magnet? So annoying isn't it. Anyway, you're back on track and that's the main thing. Keep up the good work! :wink:
21 posts Page 1 of 2