The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

66 posts Page 5 of 5
I'm happy to see this wonderful post pop back up again, serves to remind us all that FR is sometimes never far away and it certainly shows how to deal with it, thanks again@CandiceMarie

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh my oh my!

Thank you so much for taking the time to pen this.
I really thought I had some medical disorder: handfuls of granola have been shovelled down my throat at random points last month. I'd then be uspset at my behaviour and yet still craving things I'd previously never even thought of (oatcakes and banana seemed a delicacy, 4 apples in succession and large bags of crisps filled my every thought). Not much wrong with granola, apples or oatcakes but ALL Carbs that I'd been able to eat in moderate amounts before!
I've fed the FR and now it can do one... I am heavier but mentally resolute again. Back to shed and allow my body the treatment it deserves :wink:
Determined Debi (a Famine Reaction victim) :grin:
Blast from the past. Always timely. Great post, @CandiceMarie. I wonder how you are going these days? And well done, @Debi. Thanks for bringing it back up.
Hiiiii my dear old pal @sallyo x
My golly gosh..those were the days!...when i was doing so well,my body thought there was a famine!
These days i cant blame my body for thinking its at one non stop party of feasting rather than famine!
Ive fallen over and had to pick myself up so many times! * sigh*
I wish i could get to grips with the psychology behind eating the wrong things in the mistaken belief they make me happier! They don't - but i still do it grrrrr! X
Ohh, that sounds depressing and depressed. @CandiceMarie. I don't know what to say. I'm sure there are answers out there but coming to grips with it, that's the thing. I'm not losing weight but at least I'm stable, and still on 5:2. I have a few breaks but then I start to crave it, the fasting. Funny that it should be so. I hope you will get some help. How is your new house? Hugs speeding across land and sea to the other side of the planet. xxxxoooo
Hi @sallyo thanks, i caught those hugs! X

My situation... it IS depressing but i' m not depressed thankfully!
The answers are definitely out there..i love a book called Slim for Life which always helps me if i dip into it...thnking about it,i need to dip into it on a daily basis in order to keep focused...(so youve helped me to reach that conclusion! )
I admire how youve stabilised and maintained,and I understand what you mean about fasting..the feeling of wellbeing that i get post - fasting really is addictive in a good way.
New home is fine now thanks..lots of teething troubles which have now been smoothed out..have got a great mix of buzzy bustle / peaceful greenery which suits me great,and its wonderful to live around the corner from DD
Sending hugs back,hope OH is ok,have a groovy weekend! X
66 posts Page 5 of 5