The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I have had a terrible yearning for apple wedges smeared with cream cheese.
I don't have any cream cheese in and its a fast day . *wail* *sob*. :cry:

So what are your cravings?

Maybe they will give someone an idea for a meal? Or maybe it will just be torture of the 'must look' kind for fasters. But it should be a tasty thread.

(I wonder how much butter and bacon will feature in this thread?)
Dark chocolate should feature prominently! I used to eat it all day long, so was sorely missed at first. Now I don't eat it so much, but enjoy it all the more!
Buttered toat with ginger marmalade
Milk chocolate with whole nuts in
Liqourice
Strong cheddar
I get these squares of 72% dark chocolate that are 60 calories each. I have one with a small decaf espresso as a treat on some fast nights! It's really lovely, and I take a long time eating that one square of chocolate :-)

What I truly crave though, is french patisserie. Any French patisserie treat.
Mmmmm

too many to mention lol, but i would go for the french patisseries too! clafouti, religieuse, amandine, tarte tatin.... to mention a few hehe!!
oh and cheese, i looooooove cheese :-)
I seem to be craving fresh bread and butter and also chocolate, which is weird because yesterday (a non fast day) I was craving Salad!
French Patisserie shops are total eye candy. When travelling through France last year at the overnight stop we went wandering around town, and even at 6pm the patisserie was open and the window was just stuffed with delicious looking creations. As I said eye candy.
I have just mentioned pancakes with nutella and squirty cream on another thread and now I am craving them, at 1am I could break my fast very early, but I won't. I will be a very good girl. But I am having pancakes for breakfast.
Anything with carbs. I love carbs
Usually what everybody else is having
I do crave cheese or yoghurt a yummy low fat creamy Greek style
Any bakery item, but comes to mind ciabatta and sourdough thick and toasted with butter.
Freshly baked brioche at breakfast cheese like camembert or comté with fresh bread, the caramel sauce that is to die for and I am totally addicted to, good milk chocolate (I don't like dark chocolate, except for some swiss crémant chocolate) and, sometimes, a simple toast with a little butter and a wonderfull craft lemon and lime jam (don't think it's marmelade)
McDonalds Double Sausage & Egg Mc Muffin !
I still haven't broken my fast as I'm trying to make today a 16:8, but I have decided that we are having nutella, strawberry and ice cream pancakes for desert tonight.
20 posts Page 1 of 2