The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Could it be I am the only one to fast today ? I looked for the today's topic but couldn't find it so... here I am.... Please forgive me if I overlooked it, I am not a morning person :razz:

So today is my third fast this week. Well, it's an attempt anyway, we'll see how it goes. I plan to do a lentil soup for tonight, if I find a good recipe I can do in the blender cooker.

Good luck to anybody who'll join me :clover:
Hi Manders,i am yr twin faster today as i. Too attempting my third fast of the week..and also hoping to do Sunday to make it an ADF week
DDs bday tomoz so am looking forward to a slice of cake!
Hope yr day goes well...and anyone else who joins us for a fab friday fast
how are you M and how is life these days? X
Glad to see you here ! :wink:
Quick question what is DD for ? I suppose it's a kind of daughter, I am very bad at guessin :confused:

Life is still rocky here, my kind of mother in la died 2 days ago so you can imagine.. I can't find the motivation to empty my parents' house these days, oh and the winter time change drives me nuts :bugeyes: On the other hand, so so so happy to enjoy fasting again.... I woudn't do a pure ADF week though. How do you deal with your fast and your family on Sundays ?

I may change my mind for tonight, I am looking to a courgettes potato cheddar soup that looks delicious, with a few changes
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1577642/courgette-potato-and-cheddar-soup
Cheering you on, @Manderley and @CandiceMarie!
:star: :like: :clover: :heart: :rose: :umbrella: :cat2: :pray: :cat: :bye: :island:
Good luck !
( Autumn Feed Syndrome hit me last night with the full carb cravings. Yikes it's bad!)
I'm in, switching Friday and Saturday, because I have to attend a social event tomorrow.
That I'm so looking forward to Saturday really doesn't help. 5 hours at work ahead me, then training.
Azureblue wrote: :star: :like: :clover: :heart: :rose: :umbrella: :cat2: :pray: :cat: :bye: :island:
Good luck !
( Autumn Feed Syndrome hit me last night with the full carb cravings. Yikes it's bad!)

What is that syndrome you're talking about ?

I don't know if I am crazy or just masochist : right now there is a brioche baking in my bread maker in the kitchen which is the most amazing smell ever.... I had to do it today for tomorrow (I want to bring a piece to my mother and it will be tomorrow's breakfast)

Not too hungry right now and will probably have some of the nice soup in the afternoon. All is good :wink:
Here is today's meal. Beautiful green isn't it ? :grin:
Hi Guys, I'm in today. This is my first week back fasting after having my second baby earlier in the year. I'm back at work now, i find that much better than when I am at home and preparing the children food several times a day!
Have a good day everyone
Gail
I'm in today, after skipping my usual light day yesterday; an old friend with which I'm getting reacquainted and I did happy hour yesterday, the only day we could both agree on, so it was deliberate. Just having my coffee now (only 9am here in the Wild West! :cat: ), will check in later. Seems like we're getting a few newbies in, yeah!
Hey fabfriends hope its going ok for you all xox special thoughts for @ferretgalas its still A.M in Seattle..you can get thru!x
Looking forward to din-dins soon..was in a lovely cafe this avvo and i dont know how i ignored the lovely cakes on display but i did!
@manderley yes DD is Dear Daughter x i love seeing yr photo with the great littledoggy here again!
So sorry to hear about another bereavement for you..xx so much stress in yr life..i hope 2016 will be much easier :heart:
Yr soup looks very nutritious and healthy!
I live alone M so i don't have to take anyone else into account re my eating plans.
AB @AzureBlue totally understandable to feel the need for carbs..something about this time of year..its getting colder and darker..you just want to be cosy and warm
Hope you enjoyed it anyhoo and sometimes its good to give our bodies a shock and a big surprise treat at the same time!
@GailS congrats on yr baby! And welcome back! :like:
@callanthe you will be soooo pleased when you wake tomorrow and remember you have done yr fast today x :victory:
@lizbean any news for us?
@sallyo thanks for cheering us on x
Have a groovy weekend everybody! XxxxX
It's great to be back and to enjoy being back. I am looking forward to 2016. It can't be worse than 2015..... Well, strike that, it can only be worse so I don't want to jinx it :crossed:

The soup was wonderful and I just love that blender. So easy, quick (15 minutes cooked and all) and the washing up is a breeze....
Right now I have a craving, however. I think it may be because I ate a little bit of soup in the afternoon and not all at once for dinner.
Today is my 1st fast day after returning from a two week vacation last night.
Have a great weekend!
I've been in today as well. Woke up feeling yuk only to realise that the recurring abscess at the base of my back has flared up again. A quick call to the doctors and I have a course of antibiotics - so no alcohol for me this weekend. I had a chicken salad half way through the afternoon and have just has some popcorn. @Manderley, your soup looks magic, I'll be getting my soup maker out tomorrow for cauliflower cheese soup - a real winter warmer. I'm off to bed now to let the antibiotics do there stuff. See you all tomorrow.
14 posts Page 1 of 1