The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Feasting today?
24 Jun 2014, 10:07
I can't help but notice that many posters say "I do fine on fast days, it's the feast days that I struggle with." I was wondering if like we have the "Fasting Today" section, maybe we should have a "Feasting Today" section and people who are on non-fast days could have a daily thread. Maybe it would help them from eating too much those days!

Just a thought! :geek:
Re: Feasting today?
24 Jun 2014, 10:49
That's so funny. I just suggested exactly the same thing in the fasting today thread. @CandiceMarie and @janeg expressed interest.
24 Jun 2014, 11:01
That is funny! Great minds, I guess! :)
24 Jun 2014, 11:11
Sounds good to me!

I'm doing eating windows between fasts, so yesterday I fasted and today I've just opened my window with stir fried veg with Thai style lemongrass and ginger sauce, plus a handful of salted peanuts. Yum! I've got local berries and cherries for pud, and some 2% fat Greek yoghurt.

Dinner will be salmon with herb butter, Jersey Royal potatoes and green veg.
24 Jun 2014, 11:27
What a great idea. Not sure I'd check in every non-fastday but could be a good place to go if I feel I'm losing control. :)

Edit: isn't that the temptation tent? (not sure, I've never been in there) .
24 Jun 2014, 11:50
Wonderful idea.
Glass of water first thing.
My breakfast today was 2 soft boiled eggs with carrot and celery batons and fresh coffee.
Lunch has just been 5 tiny cheese GF oatcakes with butter and avocado and water.
There will be green chai tea and more water this afternoon.
Edit:- Drat! Fell for 3 small macaroons whilst out!
Dinner will be haddock and salad and new potatoes followed by natural live greek yogurt with some nut sprinkles and water.
24 Jun 2014, 11:53
I'm already struggling and havealready had a stick of celery, a packet of popped crisps and half a white chocolate ricicle cake. We are off for a walk in a bit, then counselling, followed by a pub tea!
30 Jun 2014, 23:29
So, should we start posting one of these every day? Do we need to get a special place for it, like the "Who's fasting today" threads?
01 Jul 2014, 18:21
cblasz wrote: So, should we start posting one of these every day? Do we need to get a special place for it, like the "Who's fasting today" threads?

I could really do with this as a regular thread x
01 Jul 2014, 18:46
Like@justdee says,wd be good to check into when it gets hard as it so often does for me on a feed day!
Great thinking @MaryAnn and @cblasz!
By the way @cblasz i went to see Chef today..enjoyed it,loved the soundtrack.
Was glad it wasnt a fast day,looking at all that food!
We had an early dindins afterwards..was too full for a dessert. Now THAT is a new experience for me! X
01 Jul 2014, 19:28
Ok, well I guess we'll start one each day. I think people could post how many calories they ate or what they ate or shouldn't have eaten etc! And if the admin people want to make a special place for it they can!

@CandiceMarie - glad you liked Chef!
01 Jul 2014, 19:36
I love the idea of a "Feast day" support thread, because I am one who is having a tougher time with the eating days than the fasting days.

I am not going to count calories on feast days, as that will make me crazy, but I am going to limit snacks because that is where I am getting out of control. I have been trying to do a cutoff in the evening after which I don't snack, but my husband loves to give me chocolates and similar treats in the evening, which he gets such pleasure from, that I hate to cut that off. What I can do is not help myself to a whole lot of other chocolate and candy treats the rest of the day, but limit myself to the few he comes up with.

Also, I have been trying to do one big meal, usually at lunch, and then a smaller dinner. We'll see how well I can do sticking to any of this!
01 Jul 2014, 20:32
I think it's a great idea! I find my biggest downfall though is if I call it a feast day. I try to call it a normal day, because my goal is to eat like a 'normal' person, with 'normal' (appropriate) portion sizes and mostly good choices.

I have to admit I've been rather naughty this week. I found out my thyroid has gone bonkers again, which is why I'm so tired and kind of stupid, plus my husband's in Australia for two weeks, and my teenaged son wants nothing but less-than-healthy choices every day.

At least I haven't gained anything back. And Bruce is home on Friday, so *fingers crossed* I don't overfeast ;-)
01 Jul 2014, 23:02
I should have started one yesterday. I had a bit of a meltdown. Fasting today, though.
02 Jul 2014, 00:07
i wonder if its something in the air today! I'm really struggling after yesterday's fast. Barely made it to my eating window, then all hell broke loose & I went 500 over for today - & I haven't cooked dinner yet. I'm too full to eat more than some steamed veg & roasted turkey, but utterly & completely disappointed in myself. It's the first time I've gone off like this since November & I'm deathly afraid now I've done it, it will spiral downward. A thread like this would help.
20 posts Page 1 of 2