The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
OK so here we are.. first fast after 16 days of non stop eating and drinking. I reckon I was doing nearly 4000cals most days. Disgusting and greedy.

I bought a lot of new dresses over the holidays which would have fit before I piled on the weight (12lb altogether :/) and I hope I will be back in them in a few weeks.

I plan to 4:3 but fasting at weekends seems really difficult so I might have to do back to back although the idea of that makes me feel miserable lol.
I'll join the disgusting and greedy over Christmas club!! Not game to weigh yet, but clothes are tighter than before. Well we know what to do, but don't make it a misery, that's not what this is about. I reckon the shock of getting back to 5:2 will be enough for now. :smile: :heart:
Well yes, I'm annoyed at myself for going back over the 70kg mark which means I've put on about 3kg. I did my first fast for 3 weeks last Wednesday and I'm fasting again today. :like:
Actually I'm finding the fasting ok, but having some trouble restricting myself back to reasonable eating on the non-fast days. Anyone else finding this? :doh:
It's the first real break I've had in 9 months of 5:2 so not too worried as long as I get back to routine now.
Hoping that by next Christmas I'll be a little more restrained, but fully intend to still enjoy the special occasions.
Just a minor hiccup in a long term plan. :wink:
You'll be right, Lil, when your work routine is back to normal. :clover:
As you all report in different ways, I share your experiences: it helps to write them down:
1) I too have trouble getting back to being sensible on feast days. I was pretty good over Christmas, better than in past years thanks to this WOE, but afterwards, with friends staying till 4th, tended to indulge more. This was now not wine, but the goodies we had been given and everything I had been tempted to get in, and I am wondering WHY did I buy all that ?!!
Lots is left over and yet everyone had plenty. Lovely chocolates and packs of nibbles...... it's too easy to grab something on impulse. I think the problem for me is that it's now in the house, so I will store or give them away. I am not going to eat them now. My OH is better controlled but still managed to polish off the things he loves.
2). We have however done our twice weekly fasts very well. Just imagine what would have happened otherwise. I have gained 4 lbs but am using 16:8 easily and fasting as usual.
That awful bloat, uncomfortable gorged feeling should be a reminder, but I find that it only happens a little while after the greedy session.
3) I must pause, set a timer and let the full feeling happen before piling more in! So I commit to getting back on track knowing that it will all be back to the lowest weight record quickly. Interesting that my clothes still fit well.
4) The thoughts and experiences of forum friends supports me again and again whether it be at the scientific or emotional level! Doing lots of browsing, thank you all!

Hang on in there everyone! :heart:
19 posts Page 2 of 2