The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Finding today really hard
15 Jan 2014, 17:44
I don't know what it is but I'm find today's fast a real struggle. I think because I slept so little last night I really wanted to eat today to give my body a boost. But I am way more stubborn than to give in so I have percivered and only had water. But when I got home from work I really needed a cup of tea (which I have sworn off on fast days) and I added quite a bit of milk to it just because I really felt like I needed it. Now I feel a tad guilty I couldn't just suck it up and stick to water :( I'm on my second of three fasts so I guess if I had a couple of extra calories it would be the end of the world. But yes, still have found today super difficult to make it through. Any words of encouragement would be really REALLY appreciated! Thanks guys xxxx
Re: Finding today really hard
15 Jan 2014, 17:50
Don't feel guilty DD, you are so far through the fast day, have your dinner later and re think those words over and over, I can eat tomorrow and get the boost you need :)

Can you find something to distract you a bit to make the evening go quicker ?

Keep going :like: :clover:
15 Jan 2014, 17:54
Lots of us are finding it tough to get back into the groove dreamer, so you are definitely not alone.
You have done really well getting through until now.. Remember , the 500 cals can be taken any way you want during the day; 3 wee meals, lunch and dinner or dinner, so there is no way you've blown it.
Hang in there lass! you'll get through today and you can have what you want tomorrow.
:clover:
15 Jan 2014, 18:06
Keep going dreamer, don't throw the towel in just because you've had a milky cup of tea! Try and have a nice relaxing evening and an early night to make up for last night's sleepless one! x
15 Jan 2014, 18:09
I am sorry you're having a hard day today.....callyanna has the right idea, relax and an early night, maybe after a long bath.
15 Jan 2014, 18:15
I love you guys so much, you always make me feel much better about my minor hiccups. I texted my boyfriend mortified I had a cup of tea and he basically said the same as you guys, it's a small thing in a big day, don't let it bug you that much. I've been in the bath for the past hour and a half just trying to unwind. Going to eat our, cook dinner and not think about my cup of tea or the stress of today. Thank you all for making me feel better :love:
15 Jan 2014, 18:48
daydreamer21 wrote: I love you guys so much, you always make me feel much better about my minor hiccups. I texted my boyfriend mortified I had a cup of tea and he basically said the same as you guys, it's a small thing in a big day, don't let it bug you that much. I've been in the bath for the past hour and a half just trying to unwind. Going to eat our, cook dinner and not think about my cup of tea or the stress of today. Thank you all for making me feel better :love:

I certainly wouldn't let a cup o of tea bother you.

To be honest I've never counted the calories that rigidly
15 Jan 2014, 20:30
Glad youve got thru your blip!
Well done on doing your fast day x enjoy yr dindins and keep to your allowance..dont spoil the day after coming so far..its nearly bedtime! Glad you didnt let that one measly cuppa ruin the day! X
15 Jan 2014, 20:40
And that measley cuppa isn't going to ruin the rest of your life now, is it?
You know the rest of your life starts now, so that's in your past.
Sleep well and don't fret x
9 posts Page 1 of 1