The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
First Day tomorrow on 5.2!!!
22 Oct 2013, 17:24
Okay all you Guys who have already been on the 5.2. Is this really going to help me :confused:
I am starting day one tomorrow and am rather apprehensive. I have read the book inside and out about three times and now to put my plan into action. This week I am doing two days together. Not as I plan to go on, as really I would like to do Mondays and Thursdays, but this week hasn't worked out like that. Any help, assurance, motivation would be greatly appreciated!!!! :?:
I am a Guru on diets, as I am sure, I have tried every single one that has ever come out. I have been thin, and fat, thin and fat and just don't want the roller coaster of it all anymore!! :cry:
Look forward to anyone's help!
Thank you
:grin:
Welcome to the forums!!

I have to say, I would STRONGLY suggest you not do two fast days back to back. It's the hardest way to do this diet and nothing will put you off this diet faster than doing that.

Monday and Thursday is ideal, to me. But I usually do Monday and Wednesday due to our schedules.
Welcome @Freshbreath

I agree with Tracie.

The first few fasts can be tough. Not everyone finds it so, but if you are one then doing two fasts back to back would be very hard.

I suggest you just test the water with one fast this week and then have the two as planned next week.

Good luck and do drop by tomorrow's Fasting Today thread to get support from fellow fasters!
Thank you. I might take your advise and do just the one day this week. Best not try and run before I can walk!!! Has anyone tried 2pm - 2pm? It said in the book,I read, that that is one method and another is 6pm - 6pm. I prefer the full days myself but it would be interesting to know if either of these methods work, aswell.
Good luck with your first fast. Just remember it will get easier. I do a full day, I eat nothing all day until dinner that night.
Hi and welcome Freshbreath!

Good luck on your first fast tomorrow, you'll get all the support you need on here :-)
Hi and Welcome :heart:
Good advice given as to the one day this week :heart:
I dont have problems doing 2 days back2back and as i've just returned from holiday i'm doing wed/thurs, but many members find them hard work and you dont want to lose interest before you've got going. I'm doing 4:3 and only eat evening meal because once i ate lunch/snack i actually became more hungry, so yes if you could throw in a 16:8 also it may help. :clover: Good. Luck. Sue.
Good luck and welcome to the forum. Have to say I agree with the others on here - I'd just go for the one fast to start off with, certainly not back2back! Goodluck with your week - look forward to hearing how it goes :clover:
Hi Freshbreath, welcome!! I started my first fasting day on Monday and actually found it easier than I expected. I'm doing my second one tomorrow and I'm actually looking forward to it. Good luck with it all, you'll find amazing support on here :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Most people don't actually do the 24 hour fasts. I'm puzzled as to why it's in the book.

I also find it very very hard to fast after I've eaten. I could never start a fast at 2pm and then actually expect to fall asleep that night with a rumbly, angry empty belly.

For a Monday fast, I effectively start it when I go to bed Sunday night. From the time I wake up on Monday, until the time I go to bed on Monday, I allow myself 500 calories. I don't eat anything else until I wake up on Tuesday. That's what most of us call a "fast day."

I personally find it much, much easier to save all of my calories until dinner. I have black coffee (maybe 1 tbsp whole milk in each cup - I have two cups), herbal tea (hot or iced) and plenty of water. If I get really hungry in the afternoon, I would have chicken bouillon/broth - especially those first couple of months learning how to fast. Then I'd have a nice, sensible dinner of lean meat and lots and lots of veggies. I usually would have enough calories left over for a nice snack before bed. For me, going tobed with an empty stomach makes it super hard to sleep.

Good luck!
10 posts Page 1 of 1