The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

11 posts Page 1 of 1
first ever skipped fast
03 Oct 2013, 09:58
It's 4 AM and we just finished working (long story...don't ask). I am going to skip a fast day tomorrow (really today) for the first time since I started 5:2 in March.

Somebody please say "It's okay Wendy, you deserve a break." :smile:

Thanks.
Re: first ever skipped fast
03 Oct 2013, 10:05
It's okay, Wendy, you deserve a break :wink:

If you don't "feel it", go with your gut (no pun intended) :grin:
Maybe you can go with a 16:8 instead ?

Whatever you choose, it will be fine
03 Oct 2013, 10:07
Wendy - don't worry, sometimes life gets in the way. Why not do 16:8? Ie skip breakfast, but eat normally the rest of the day, using the 8hr window. Almost like a half-fast. (Just seen Manderley got there before me :like: )
03 Oct 2013, 10:08
It's OK Wendy - you deserve a break!

You can always fast another day or do 16:8

Working till 4am is not good for the soul or concentration so be kind to yourself, have a good sleep and enjoy the break! :smile:
03 Oct 2013, 10:12
Have a break today Wendy! Maybe try again tomorrow, mix up your fast days :)
03 Oct 2013, 10:15
A SD said,life gets in the way sometimes...thats life!
It IS ok Wendy take a break! Tomorrow is another day!!
XxX
03 Oct 2013, 10:22
It's okay, Wendy, you deserve a break

Enjoy your day off from fasting :)
03 Oct 2013, 10:58
It's only one day out of a lifetime, don't worry. 5:2 has to fit around your life, not the other way around, so it's no problem if some weeks you can only do 1 fast, or not even fast at all. Just pick it up again when you can!
03 Oct 2013, 13:46
I'm always changing days - because I don't have a regular schedule.
so yes :- "It's okay Wendy, you deserve a break."

But watch out for that "It's okay Wendy, you deserve a break." turning into slipping out of 5:2

I don't miss a day, I change days (holidays excepted).
03 Oct 2013, 13:50
It's ok Wendy, take a break :wink: I have different fast days every week so don't sweat on it today of all days.
03 Oct 2013, 19:36
Thank you all for the support!!!

Ironically, I seem to be fasting today. We were going to have to go out for lunch just to be out of the house, as the house has to be sprayed with a microbial (we have mold from the Great Flood of 2013). Because we were up till 4:30, I delayed the spraying, and now we're going out to dinner instead :smile: . I can go out to dinner on a fast day. Just involves picking a restaurant carefully and bringing home some of it (or sharing with husband). Going out to lunch would not have worked - too much hungry time before bedtime.

So there you go. To those who suggested 16:8, I frequently eat that way on a typical day - late breakfast, snack instead of lunch, dinner. I don't think it makes me lose any weight, though knowing now the benefits of fasting, it may well be good for me in other ways. And to those who suggested changing days, that works better for a Monday fast. This week at least, we have plans both Fri and Sat.

Finally, I wrote my post at 4 AM, and by the time I went to bed at 4:30, had 5 responses. You are all very sweet :heart: If you are ever up at 4:00 AM your time, I'll try to "be there" to chat!
11 posts Page 1 of 1