The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
First real day
11 Sep 2013, 18:15
So I survived - without eating a thing for the whole day until dinner. And then I only took a small portion, to make sure that didn't overstep my 500 ckal. Can't say it was without some inner struggle, but I made it and I'm proud. Imagine, not one single morsel crept over my lips except that tiny dinner portion!!

Am I still hungry? Heck yes! But it is manageable, kind of an epiphany for me.....And to know that tomorrow I can eat again is a reward in it self :wink:

And - it's only 2hrs until bedtime :sleepy:
Re: First real day
11 Sep 2013, 18:19
Applause! Congrats. You did better than me. I'm on a business trip and had a lonely evening. Utter boredom forced me into room service (chicken Caesar no croutons) And a glass of Chablis. So not too shabby but certainly not a fast day! Ah well maybe tomorrow.
11 Sep 2013, 18:36
Well done wolfie you did great :heart: maybe next time you could bulk it up with loads of vegetables to make you feel fuller for longer.
You may even wake up tomorrow not hungry for breakfast as mentioned in our earlier''conversation'' then it'll make it a better fast health wise.
Good Luck. :clover: Sue
11 Sep 2013, 18:53
Great stuff! Well done!
It is weird to begin with- but it's nowhere near as hard as I thought it would be!
Good luck with your next fast day!
12 Sep 2013, 01:29
Here are some warnings for those that are hungry: 5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic6317.html

Enjoy!
12 Sep 2013, 08:00
Simcoeluv - Thank you rfor posting that link!! Otherwise I would ahve missed all that great info.
12 Sep 2013, 08:07
Hi Wolfie first of all well done and it does get easier :) what I do is have a 40 calorie hot chocolate drink an hour or so before bed that works for me
7 posts Page 1 of 1