The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Food on feast
15 Jan 2014, 21:19
Hi all. This is my second week on 5 to 2. Lost 3 lbs last week. Fasted mon and wed of this week. My TDEE is 1891. I am 5ft and weigh 12st 7lbs. I stick to 500 or less on fast days and have been sticking to 1200 on feast days. Question is ...... Should I be eating more on feast days ??? I want to get the best weight loss results. What do u do ?? Any help would be fab
Re: Food on feast
15 Jan 2014, 21:46
All I can suggest is that you monitor your calories/carbs on feast and fast days on My fitness pal for a while, till you know what works for you. I don't eat much on my feast days usually, but don't stint when going out!
15 Jan 2014, 21:51
Basically on fast days you need to reduce your intake to 25 percent of your normal daily intake so you might not be eating enough on feast days. You also don't want to feel like you are on a diet all the time or you will fall off the fasting wagon.

My progress tracker is set to sedentary yet I exercise. Might be worth checking what that number says and give it a whirl.

Hope helpful. And welcome! :clover: :clover: :clover:
15 Jan 2014, 21:52
The whole idea behind the workability of this way of eating is for it to be sustainable. I've lost 42lbs, its more than 20lbs more than any other diet has ever done for me because I am still doing it 11 months later. I would not still be doing this if I was eating 600kcals a day under my TDEE on my 'normal' days.

If you want to keep up with the 1200kcals, then do so. But as soon as you start slipping (oops I just ate a cream cake) or finding it too restrictive or even plateau with your weight loss. Then slide your normal day eating up to your TDEE calories whilst still fasting.

An alternative that many do is fast 2 or 3 times a week, eat low calorie for another 2 days, but have a good time at the weekends. It all balances out in the end.
15 Jan 2014, 22:08
I think that the difference between feast day and fast day calories is an important factor in the success of this diet. I would not eat before TDEE on every feast day, but ensure a couple of days I ate up to or even over TDEE. It's what our bodies were designed to do!
5 posts Page 1 of 1