The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 1 of 2
Mine is 1 kilo precisely (OR 2 pounds, 3 ounces)

ie. difference between highest and lowest weight in last 10 days for me is 1000g or 1kilo.

curious if that's the same for everyone who daily weights. seems a lot.

but i do love seeing the low number go down. and everyone who sees a new low figure can do a shout out in this thread.
5-2-diet-chat-f6/topic7022.html
For my husband, it's about 5 pounds. I weight more than he does, shamefully, but for me it's only about 4
1.8kg in the wrong direction. :-(
Up and down a couple of pounds. I have noticed though that when I am about to lose the scales will briefly show a lower weight for a few days before they finally decide to stay at the lower weight, which is encouraging.
Get this.
Late Saturday night, after a whole day of seafood platters, panini's, hot chocolate and copious amounts of wine I weighed and was 10st12lb.
The next morning after using the bathroom - 10st13lb.
After a light lunch I weighed again - 11st!
How?!
Think mine is 1.4 kg, weighing daily at same time.

Lilsmiler, I can weigh 2+ kg more in the evening compared to the morning. Used to fascinate me. Daily weighing with the app has really helped me see how scale weight can fluctuate.

Think of yourself as a bag of fluids rather than a solid mass. That light lunch include a glass or two of liquid? A litre of water is a kilo added...
For the last ten days mine has been 1.4 kgs. I have learnt never to weigh in the evenings - too depressing.
Mine is about 2 pounds up and down during the week when I weigh at about the same time in the morning.

If I compare my weight before going to bed and the following morning after going to the bathroom, the difference can be from -3 pounds to +1 pound :bugeyes: but in average it is -1 pound.
i thought 1kg was big but seems its below what some people are experiencing.

significant cause when our 100 or so members in the Christmas club reach their goal, i imagine they will be using there lower weight in their weight range so be prepared to be over after Christmas jsut because thats how our bodies are not just because of Christmas pudding and ham and bacon and chocolates and champagne and red wide etc
If one's weight range in 10 days is say between 500g and 1500 grams. heres an interesting question.

when someone asks you your weight why do i say only the lower figure.?. i don't average it out or anything. the lower figure sounds better
or if they ask how much weight is lost on this diet i base it on the lower figure.
Mine is 1.2 kg
I weigh myself daily...fast days are Monday and Wednesday...but I take my weight loss figure for the week first thing on Monday morning...this is not usually my lowest weight for the week...as it comes after 3 feast days...but I think it gives me a more realistic indicator of my weight loss...which is about 300g each week.
Mine ranges in the 1.7 to 3 lb range. I tend to hang on to weight, flirt with a lower weight, then bam, it stays off. I've learned it works in the other direction as well. I can't trick myself into believing that overeating has no consequences it's just a delayed reaction.

I will generally weigh 3 lbs lighter in the am than at bedtime. I only weigh at night if I think I'm going to see a good number the next day.

I don't record on the tracker on the same day each week. I use a number that has been repeating for several days or two days after a fast day. Generally I fast Tues and Friday but sometimes we change it if we have things going on.

I log every day on a spreadsheet. I list the numbers of hours of sleep, exercise/activity, food (general, not calorie counts) and whether I had alcohol and/or green tea. That might sound obsessive, but then I can go back if my weight loss slows and see what I've been doing different. I recently added how many hours my total fast has gone before I break it.
JM53 wrote: I log every day on a spreadsheet. I list the numbers of hours of sleep, exercise/activity, food (general, not calorie counts) and whether I had alcohol and/or green tea. That might sound obsessive, but then I can go back if my weight loss slows and see what I've been doing different. I recently added how many hours my total fast has gone before I break it.

i absolutely love this JM53. not obsessive at all. you are just learning to be fully aware about your body weight and the consequensecs of what you consume and exercise levels. It took me 5 months to really get in tune with all of this. I dont record exercise much as i dont do any other than when im doing any strenuous digging in the garden which isnt often as i have a NO DIG garden :grin:
Thanks Juliana. I don't record all activity, just extra like the garden and if I so some special deep cleaning or walking, etc. What is a NO DIG garden? I guess I should check that topic in the garden thread.
19 posts Page 1 of 2