The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Friday night temptation
29 Nov 2013, 20:09
So far tonight I have had to endure the school Christmas fair. This does not mean joyfully browsing the many stalls full of homemade treats, buying little stocking fillers whilst humming along to the Christmas carols. NO, it means sitting in the tea room next to the homemade cakes nursing a black coffee, oh yeah its a fast day! Oh and watching my skinny minnie friends stuffing at least 3 chocolate cupcakes each. Bah humbug.
I was occasionally visited by Min, who is now of an age where mum is not needed and she'd rather hang out with her mates, running a stall and playing one of Santas elves, which is laid on for the littlest kiddies.
Not that the cakes were bad enough, but Min won big style on the chocolate tombola and I was given the task of safeguarding her loot. 15 bars no less!
So now I have dashed her off to Scouts and have in the kitchen a plate of cakes, peppermint creams etc and 15 bars of chocolate. I can't ignore the kitchen because I'm defrosting the freezer, so I have to look at them all evening, calling me, teasing me, sitting there like a hunk from hunk land just waiting for me to jump on them in some kind of drooling frenzy!
Thing is I don't feel the need to jump on them, much like the hunk, which I am sure my hubbie would be pleased about, but, they are there.......just there. If I put them away I know they'd call out.
It's funny before 5:2 I would have eaten the bloody lot, then felt sick, now I don't want but I know they are there. Unwanted fast day temptation!
Re: Friday night temptation
29 Nov 2013, 20:16
my goodness @Minsmum, you deserve a medal for not succumbing to such a tempting array of goodies! :like: :victory: Well done you! :grin:
29 Nov 2013, 20:23
Just remember THEY ARE NOT YOURS TO HAVE!!

Maybe you could save one of them for tomorrow?

Good luck.
29 Nov 2013, 20:24
Put the choc in the fridge and eat it tomorrow when it's cold and tastes nicer :like:
Well done!
29 Nov 2013, 20:30
:heart: :heart: Well done I'm impressed :heart: Sue :heart:

Not sure I could have been as strong as you've been :victory:
29 Nov 2013, 20:31
Pop them all in a plastic bag and pop the bag in a cupboard. Close the door. Go on.
29 Nov 2013, 20:36
Haha wouldn't be the first time I've eaten a small child's chocolate, then looked accusingly at the dog when questioned. Its not even my favourite food source!! But cake, now your talking :)

I have a choice and I do not choose you oh muffin top maker!!
30 Nov 2013, 18:52
Well done Mm..i hope you rewarded yourself today with some cake
Today someone gave me a little square of salted caramel cheesecake
Just a tiny sample....i could have polished off a great big slice..but! In fact two mouthfuls was enough really..* polishes halo*
It was divine! :razz:
30 Nov 2013, 18:55
Well done Candice. That sounds divine. I saw a cheesecake recipe today that had a digestive biscuit base mixed with salted peanut butter and inside chocolate cheesecake filling. It would kill my system but sounded amazing.
30 Nov 2013, 19:02
rawkaren wrote: Well done Candice. That sounds divine. I saw a cheesecake recipe today that had a digestive biscuit base mixed with salted peanut butter and inside chocolate cheesecake filling. It would kill my system but sounded amazing.

You'll have to work on FatDog to see if she can de-carb it for you Karen! :wink:
30 Nov 2013, 19:07
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote: Well done Candice. That sounds divine. I saw a cheesecake recipe today that had a digestive biscuit base mixed with salted peanut butter and inside chocolate cheesecake filling. It would kill my system but sounded amazing.

You'll have to work on FatDog to see if she can de-carb it for you Karen! :wink:

Excellent idea Carol. I would not know where to start. I bought some Xylitol today to try which seems quite good although my low carb muffins today were a fail. :cry: :cry: so everything is still trial and error.
30 Nov 2013, 19:16
rawkaren wrote:
callyanna wrote:

Excellent idea Carol. I would not know where to start. I bought some Xylitol today to try which seems quite good although my low carb muffins today were a fail. :cry: :cry: so everything is still trial and error.

You'll have to try the Celia Brooks Brown's ones..and dare I mention her recipe for a very decadent Chocolate Marzipan Cheesecake ? :smile:
30 Nov 2013, 19:38
Well done @Minsmum.
I award you the triple M medal...... Mins model medal!!
30 Nov 2013, 20:02
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote: [

You'll have to try the Celia Brooks Brown's ones..and dare I mention her recipe for a very decadent Chocolate Marzipan Cheesecake ? :smile:

I think my CBB book will be here on Monday.....
30 Nov 2013, 20:16
rawkaren wrote:
callyanna wrote:
rawkaren wrote: [

I think my CBB book will be here on Monday.....

Be afraid, be very afraid! :eat: :eat:
16 posts Page 1 of 2