The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Frozen
07 Jan 2015, 20:24
Not the movie, me! After the first real fast day in ages, I'm soooooo cold even though the temps at the top floor is 20,4C....Could do with a hot water bottle, woolen socks on my feet (but I simply hate wearing anything to bed :shock: ) or an electric blanket. Can't wait until little Diego comes to bed (not my lover LOL) cause he radiates heat. I'm almost tempted to let Fiona sleep in my bed, curled under my behind....but alas, she (as a RR) take up way to much space. Think I will put on a nightie for as long as I read in bed. Anyone else get this cold when fasting?
Re: Frozen
07 Jan 2015, 21:19
If anything Wolfie, i' m always too hot..think its coz my fat's like a duvet wrapped around me- which gives me an idea - do you have a forgotten extra duvet in yr airing cupboard or thick blanket or eiderdown? X
07 Jan 2015, 23:38
Was just going to write a post asking for tips to keep warm, i have been unbearably cold on the last couple of fast days, today it was so bad i gave in and had lunch! Heating in my flat is not great but it really isn't that cold outside but i just can't seem to get warm!
08 Jan 2015, 01:26
I live on a subtropical island and still suffer now my insulation is mostly gone. Fast days are definitely worse.
08 Jan 2015, 12:22
Same her re the fast days MaryAnn, I am OK until about midday and then start to get really cold, no matter how many hot drinks I drink or how many layers I wear. I've just put my husband's onesie on over all of my clothes and am just about warm, mental note to remember to take it off before I leave the house :)
08 Jan 2015, 13:27
Me too, to the extent that my feet can often feel painful. In the evening I have a long soak in the bath, put on my onesie. turn the heating up and take a hot water bottle to bed with me.
08 Jan 2015, 16:50
I am always freezing these days so whether it is to do with fasting or not I'm not sure. I ALWAYS have cold hands now. I work as a nurse and I am continually apologising to people because my hands are icy. It was a grim morning out this morning - chucking down with rain, freezing and really dark and by the time I got to work I couldn't feel my feet :-( These days I long for summer and lovely warmer weather. Or is that old age approaching?!
08 Jan 2015, 17:17
I am frozen today as well. It's terribly cold outside today, with wind chills of, I kid you not, -37c/-37F, and the furnace is doing a respectable job of keeping it 20.5c/69F, but I am just so stinking cold. I've been guzzling hot herbal tea now that I've had my allotted espressos for the day. I have slippers *and* fingerless gloves on. It doesn't help that my thyroid is too low.
09 Jan 2015, 09:17
Oh that brings back memories @loversghost I always used to nurse with icy cold hands and always felt sorry for my patients! Most of them just told me I obviously had a warm heart :confused: :bugeyes:
Anyway, have any of you thought about trying those hand pocket pouches you can get? I think you squeeze them and they produce heat. My dad uses them for his football matches (which you can imagine get pretty cold). Also, never underestimate the healing qualities of the simple hot water bottle...and a couple of Italian Greyhounds! (not so good in the summer, though, that's the problem :confused: )
09 Jan 2015, 10:08
I never used to have cold extremities (ooer!) @nursebean until I lost weight. And I am a 2 hottie woman in bed at night and I often have to refill them because they get lukewarm too quickly. Have even got my partner into it now - eek! :- :bugeyes:
10 posts Page 1 of 1