The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Gastro in the evening of a fast
11 Oct 2013, 07:30
I have come out of a fast with gastro and it's happening at both ends(sorry)

I am sooo lethargic, the thought of food and smelling it makes me wanna throw.
I thought I was feeling a tad better so went and bought pork belly to make cassoulet, the smell is horrid. Normally it would be nice. I think I had abad weight watchers pizza(fast meal)

I need some energy but can't stomach it, hurts too much. Does a bad meal cause the shivers and burning eyes as well, or is this some other bug?

I am giving 5:2 a break for at least 2/3 weeks. Can't help but think I got food poisoning.
oh no..so sorry to hear this! I bet all your symptoms are from the bug. Might not be food though, depending what you ate. Could be a virus.

Letting a bottle of non-diet cola go flat before drinking it can be good for stomach upsets. The acidity settles the stomach, the caffeine perks you up and the sugar gives you a bit of energy.

I hope you feel better soon and look on the bright side...that's another fast day done so you're way ahead of schedule!
Hope you get better soon Zamale!

take care :-)
Sounds like norovirus. I have also heard that 'full fat' coke is good for replenishing lost salts. Drinking a few sips at a time is also good to avoid provoking another throw up. Hope you are better soon
Oh sorry you are feeling so awful tummy bugs are not nice, but it will take a couple of days at least, do as already suggested you will soon be enjoying food again :)
I feel a million times better than yesterday and had some banana bread this morning. Thanks guys.
I drank flat pepsi and water slowly for hydration.
:smile:
6 posts Page 1 of 1