The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

30 posts Page 1 of 2
Getting Hungry Now!!!!!!
16 Oct 2013, 12:28
Got my black coffee in my hand as we speak but starting to feel the hunger pangs coming on. I am going to drink my coffee and then a pint of water then get on with my work lol.

One thing that I heard a while back which has helped me through over the past 6 months is that when you feel that hunger coming think of a litle pac man going through your body eating your fat away. I love that thought so I stick to that.

What do others do while working and fasting?

Nicky xx
Re: Getting Hungry Now!!!!!!
16 Oct 2013, 12:35
Hi Nic i am retired now so i dont have to work and fast but i find keeping busy on fast days helps so much..i often use the day to do all sorts of small chores or paperwork ive bern putting off
Having said that, i also often have a siesta on a fast day!
I like the little man idea!
I imagine elves busily working on my body on fast and repair days..and on feed days they just laze round taking it easy :) x
16 Oct 2013, 12:40
I love the way we have little visions of what goes on inside our bodies.

My hat off to you as I think I would struggle more not being at work. I attempted a weekend fast once and never again lol.

Great to meet you xx
16 Oct 2013, 12:42
Yes I'm hungry now and I'm on the move as I have to travel to my next meeting. I'm thinking of popping into EAT for a chicken pho. I think it's about 315 calories but then nothing tonight and I'm supposed to be going to a cocktail party :shock: :shock:
16 Oct 2013, 12:48
Brilliant mental image there. I'm sat here with the tail end of a cold and the start of a hacking cough and thinking I should I give in and have something to eat. I do think that colds affect your willpower as mine is pretty weak at the moment.
16 Oct 2013, 12:53
rawkaren wrote: Yes I'm hungry now and I'm on the move as I have to travel to my next meeting. I'm thinking of popping into EAT for a chicken pho. I think it's about 315 calories but then nothing tonight and I'm supposed to be going to a cocktail party :shock: :shock:

Don't do it!!!!!!!!!! Just have some water it will pass xx
16 Oct 2013, 12:54
Julieathome wrote: Brilliant mental image there. I'm sat here with the tail end of a cold and the start of a hacking cough and thinking I should I give in and have something to eat. I do think that colds affect your willpower as mine is pretty weak at the moment.

It is pretty hard with a cold as you feel down in the dumps and sorry for yourself. Maybe have an OXO drink and see if that warms you slightly xxx
16 Oct 2013, 12:56
Right. I have put my rumblestop in. Must remember to take it out before my meeting starts :oops:
16 Oct 2013, 12:57
rawkaren wrote: Right. I have put my rumblestop in. Must remember to take it out before my meeting starts :oops:

what is a rumblestop lol xx
16 Oct 2013, 13:03
I'm trying my first fast day without any breakfast at all, and not planning a meal until around 6pm. The last times I've had a v. small breakfast, like a yoghurt, or egg. Anyway, it was much easier this morning, but I'm starting to flag now. Only 4 hours to go...
16 Oct 2013, 13:09
drosebud wrote: I'm trying my first fast day without any breakfast at all, and not planning a meal until around 6pm. The last times I've had a v. small breakfast, like a yoghurt, or egg. Anyway, it was much easier this morning, but I'm starting to flag now. Only 4 hours to go...

I find it so much easier if I just don't start eating on a fast day. If I start I don't want to stop!!!! I will have one meal of 500cals later.

Keep going pac man, pac man, pac man lol xx
16 Oct 2013, 13:13
I have an oxo drink in my hand.
I was tempted by a more substantial soup I knew was in the fridge, but figured this is better for my inner pac man. Looking forward to dinner :-)
16 Oct 2013, 13:15
drosebud wrote: I have an oxo drink in my hand.
I was tempted by a more substantial soup I knew was in the fridge, but figured this is better for my inner pac man. Looking forward to dinner :-)

Hehe well done massive halo above your head right now xx
16 Oct 2013, 13:18
I'll wait until six before I start polishing it ;-)
It is good to have some support though!
16 Oct 2013, 13:37
nicolacollard wrote:
rawkaren wrote: Right. I have put my rumblestop in. Must remember to take it out before my meeting starts :oops:

what is a rumblestop lol xx

It's an acupressure device to stop you from feeling hungry. I wrote about it in my blog. Sorry I can't post the link as I'm on iPad and not clever enough to copy paste on the move. :curse:
30 posts Page 1 of 2