The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: Going up to 4:3?
18 Feb 2014, 11:22
I've been doing 4:3 from the start and only recently has the weight loss slowed, after losing almost 30% of my body weight. I do try to avoid back to back fasts (as recommended in MM's book). The one time I did it, I managed but felt depleted the following day.
18 Feb 2014, 14:48
It's been my experience that an occasional back-to-back or even a 3-day fast does little beyond allowing the intestinal track to empty out, making it seem that you've lost weight.

The key to consistently losing weight is consistency. Keeping accurate limits on fast day calorie count is most important. This likely stops more weight loss here than anything else.

Being a guy, I expect that you'll have no problems with either 4:3 or ADF. Particularly since 5:2 fast days have been easy for you.

4:3 and ADF aren't hard. They are each only one more day.
18 Feb 2014, 14:55
ADF - alternate day fasting. Also EOD - every other day.
18 Feb 2014, 15:03
I'm starting on 4:3 with a M-W-F eating schedulefor the same reason as @JennyH10 I also automatically eat 16:8 most days as I don't eat breakfast. I'm doing this as I've plateaued/maintained for 3 months now and need to lose another 30lb by June. So I will be joining you.
18 Feb 2014, 15:11
Oh I couldn't do ADF as I enjoy the weekend too much!

I would also say that the other week days I am on 16:8 as I only have Breakfast on the weekends..
18 Feb 2014, 22:31
How did your back to backs go rob? I'm a 5.2 er with added 16.8. Seems to work for me. As I also like my weekends.
19 Feb 2014, 08:32
Hi @RobMorris if I were you I wouldn't bother "faffing" with 4:3, just go straight to ADF (aka Every Other Day). I've been fasting this way for about 4-5 weeks and haven't looked back. I was like you, I found I ate too much (and too many carbs at that) on "feast days". With EOD fasting you've always got tomorrow! I'm so much more in control now!

Why not give it a go? What've you got to lose, eh?

Bean :geek:
19 Feb 2014, 13:32
Hi guys
I actually found it easier Yesterday compared to Monday??
Crazy right?
24 posts Page 2 of 2