The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 1 of 2
Going up to 4:3?
17 Feb 2014, 14:47
Hi all

I have been on 5:2 since the start of this year.

I have not faltered at all on my fast days and actually find my fast days easier than my feed days!

Reason is I am eating too much on my feed days still..

So I want to go up to 4:3 but the only real day I can do is a Tuesday.

I currently fast Monday and Thursday.
Will adding a Tuesday be too much?

Cheers!
Re: Going up to 4:3?
17 Feb 2014, 14:51
Hi Rob, I normally do 5:2 but switch it to 4:3 on weeks when, like you, I find I have eaten too much on feed days!

I'm sure some people do back-to-back fasts so technically I don't think it would be a problem, as long as you think you would have the motivation to keep going!

:)
17 Feb 2014, 15:03
Hi Rob had you thought about doing 16.8 or something with a smaller eating window. I have dabbled with 4.3, but with a family, social life and liking weekends starting on Friday I found it difficult. You may find it ok, but as a permanent thing of fasting mon, tues and thurs you may not achieve what you want. Your body may go into survival mode and hang onto those cals rather than burning excess fat.
Anyway just a thought. Someone far more knowledgable may come along soon and say more than i can offer.
Good luck though. :victory:
17 Feb 2014, 15:17
Thanks yeah I don't see it as a long term thing but maybe as a bigger kick start or even just every other week for a couple of months?

I certainly do not want to go into starve mode though..
17 Feb 2014, 15:22
:clover: Hi @RobMorris I do back2back fasts quite regular and I'm OK and for me no different but other members won't go there so you won't know until you've tried and as Caroline said all my days are now more like 18:6 this help to keep my normal days in check plus the bonus of an 18 hour overnight fasting every day. :clover:
17 Feb 2014, 15:24
I've been doing 4:3 since I started fasting and do Monday, Thursday and Saturday. I've found it quite easy and it means I can eat a little bit more on the other days. As you can see from my tracker, I've lost weight steadily.
17 Feb 2014, 15:31
Hi @RobMorris , i'm fasting on Monday, Tuesday & Thursday too this week as I had a week off work last week and went out every night with hubby so am hoping fasting the 3 days this week will get me back on track! I'm sure we'll both manage the Mon, Tue & Thur combination fine - good luck :clover: , you can do it! :like:
17 Feb 2014, 16:06
Wow Chris you have done really well! Have you ever tried consecutive days? Or always spaced out like that?

@westlondonchick we can both do it!
17 Feb 2014, 16:17
Sue.Q wrote: :clover: Hi @RobMorris I do back2back fasts quite regular and I'm OK and for me no different but other members won't go there so you won't know until you've tried and as Caroline said all my days are now more like 18:6 this help to keep my normal days in check plus the bonus of an 18 hour overnight fasting every day. :clover:

@Sue.q. When you do back to back, what is your eating routine? OH is coming on Thursday so I want to get a few fasts in.
17 Feb 2014, 17:05
Go for it Rob!

Adding another day (or two) each week is unlikely present any problems but you won't know until you try it.
17 Feb 2014, 17:43
Yes you can do it Rob! I have been doing 4:3 since October and I certainly haven't gone into starvation mode.....and I've only had one plateau which lasted for two weeks. I do Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday....works well for me. Try it and see.
17 Feb 2014, 17:46
Go for it Rob. You can only try and you won't know till you have. I'm sure there's a thread about it. You are doing really well by the way. Good luck with 4:3 and if you don't like it, try 16:8 and watch the carbs.
17 Feb 2014, 18:37
Hi @RobMorris - no I've never done consecutive days. Sometimes I've done Monday, Wednesday & Friday, depending on other things going on.
18 Feb 2014, 10:12
Hi @RobMorris

Hope your fast day went okay yesterday and good luck for today's :like:
18 Feb 2014, 10:23
Hi Rob. I'm in a similar position. I have been doing 5:2 happily for a year but my weight has been steady for months now so I'm clearly overeating on my feed days. I decided to give 4:3 a try (instead of calorie counting on the 5 feed days) but life keeps getting in the way (I'm not a fan of fasting on a Friday or Saturday LOL). The only way I'll get three fasts in this week is to do today and tomorrow, think I might give it a go. What have we got to lose but weight? If it doesn't work, don't do back to back fasts again :-)
24 posts Page 1 of 2