The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

23 posts Page 1 of 2
Evening all...I am feeling both exhilarated and bummed at the same time. Having spent the evening taking a moonlit stroll with my amazing summer love, it has only really just dawned on me that we will be going our separate ways the day after tomorrow. My summer love has taken me on numerous adventures, supported me through my lifestyle change, genuinely loved me and shown it every time we have seen each other for the past three months.

It started off as a casual thing - a fling, if you will. We would go out once or twice a week, sometimes my boyfriend would even come along with us - they immediately clicked, too. And then, perhaps partly due to missing my boyfriend as we have been doing long distance over the summer, I began to crave time with my summer love, sneaking in an extra meeting now and again. I started to need our time together in order to get to sleep at night. We have bonded so much over the past few months, seeing one another practically every day now, and I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to feel when I have to say goodbye.

My summer love, by the way, is my nan's golden retriever, Bella! She is the most beautiful dog - kind, loving, giving and always there for me. Having swapped nights at the pub for walking miles with beautiful Bella, I have discovered a part of myself that I have never really connected with before - my soft, animal-loving, mushy, puppy eyes side.

Bella has given me her time without the bat of an eyelid. I now absolutely adore walking her and feel a peace within myself that I haven't ever felt before. Being outside, with a furry companion has been fantastic for both my physical and mental health and I will miss her so much. Tomorrow will be our last walk together before I move back to Reading on Wednesday and I will miss her more than anything or anyone else here in Derby. Soppy, mushy, puppy-dog eyes Pinchy xx
Ohhhh. So sad for you Pinchpops. Im sending you a big warm Mumma bear hug from over the pond. (((((((((((((((( hug )))))))))))))))) and some flowers to cheer you up. :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :rose: :rose: :rose: and a rainbow too.
Ahh PP..dogs are such fun and so loving..
I hope you get to see Bella again soon
Sending hugs to you !((((((((((())))))))))
Sniff, sniff, now then girl, pull yourself together, she's just a dog, oh, did I call one of God's creatures 'just a dog'? :cry:

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh Pinchy! I thought you were going to lament the lack of ice-cream or white wine now that Autumn chills approach. Still, at least Bella is ok, or it really would've been a sorry tale. Pre 5:2, my daily doggy outings were the one thing that kept me from being merely obese rather than morbidly so.
Awww. Goldens are the best! (Though I hope my mom's cocker spaniel Jodi didn't hear that!)
I know there is a "Bella Pup ". somewhere out there waiting for you to take her home. :heart: Look at a rescue or pound and give another dog the kind of love and care that you can share again. Believe me when I say there is another dog out there just waiting to spend their lifetime with you. What a great story for all of us dog lovers :smile:
I agree with Dsmith30...you definitely need to be "owned" by another dog. My standard poodles beg to go with me every morning. I can only take them about every 3rd day as I walk so fast on the concrete it wears their paws off.
I bet Bella will also miss her walks with you xx
so lyrical
so mushy
so lovely
you need a Bella in your life!
:)
Awww sweet!
Lovely " tail" pinchypops. But more importantly how will you fill that void now my dear?
Well, this is the thing! I have no idea, carieoats, although when I do get back to Reading I'm going back to a full time job, plus a masters in Children's Lit, plus my lovely boyfriend...and I'm going to join the gym again. I may try and find out whether there are any dog owners on my road who need their dog walking a couple of times a week, too. Reading is full of London commuters, so there may be some irresponsible dog owner out there who needs some help, not having the time to walk their pooch themselves!
23 posts Page 1 of 2