The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

46 posts Page 1 of 4
Have a Happy Valentines Day all. :rose:

Australia gets it first (following New Zealand I mean)

If you are fasting like me, keep the chocolates you get till tomorrow. lol Who has "moved" their fasting day just because its Valentines. Indeed even if you are not going out with your Valentine it might be worth considering.

Personally I believe every day should be like Valentines Day but I guess sometimes Valentines Day is a great way for you to find out about a secret admirer you didn't know you had or for you to approach the one you admire. And if your in a relationship with your Valentine, you can give them an extra special kiss :grin:

How are you spending Valentines Day?. Feel free to elaborate on your special Valentine or any funny or romantic Valentine story from your past.

I love hearing other people's Valentines stories. No need to keep it clean ...well within reason.. [/b]nothing like a bit of erotica :kissing: on the FastDay forum :grin:

Cheers all.
Thank you! Same to you. It's not quite Valentine's Day here yet. I am single, so sometimes it can be a little bit of a bummer, but I'm used to it now. I sent gifts/cards to my nieces and nephews and am going out with another single friend tomorrow night for pizza a beer. Maybe I'll meet a Valentine! :)

Have a great day everyone!
Happy V day all!I don't really celebrate it,as my gentleman friend's birthday is two days later,so we wait til then.
I'd love to hear any v day stories,whether good,bad,horrendous,funny etc
My V. Day story is from 1984, i was 35 and had just become a single Mum as just split up with my husband
Feb 14 th dawned and there was a big envelope on the doormat..i thought,yayyyy..this is good, a secret admirer! Had a couple of exciting days wondering who this was.. :cool: and when would he make himself known! :heart: :heart: my heart beating wildly! :heart: :heart:
Went out one morning and an old grizzled white haired neighbour,,at least 30 years my senior,ran down his path in regulation old guys check slippers..and smelling of stale cigarette smoke...
so..was this my secret valentine? Sadly dear reader,yes..
he asked for a date.. i stuttered some excuse about having nobody to babysit and slunk away...feeling very deflated :confused: xx
No matter what your romantic situation is, please remember to love yourself today. Silence that negative inner voice and congratulate yourself on doing something positive for your health and body. Appreciate your finer points!
:heart:
I agree scooby!
Some friends of mine are having a Love Yourself Valentines Afternoon..
They are going to be pampering with reiki and Indian head massage then drinkies in the evening! X
scubachick wrote: No matter what your romantic situation is, please remember to love yourself today. Silence that negative inner voice and congratulate yourself on doing something positive for you health and body. Appreciate your finer points!
:heart:

How true is that scubachick. We have to love ourselves, whatever shape, before we can truly love someone else.
I don't celebrate it. Roses are overpriced - as much as four times the cost of roses on a different day. Dinners out are crowded, overpriced, and I feel bad for the servers. It seems like a silly holiday for me.

Bruce and I treat each other with love all the time. We would rather make every day like a valentine's day than do something on one particular day that doesn't really mean anything to us. Meaning, it's because someone else says it's special rather than because it has meaning we gave to it.

Actually, we've been quasi ignoring it for a long time now -- we met online and I suggested our first date be the week after Valentine's in order to take the pressure off :-D
[quote="Tracieknits"]I

Bruce and I treat each other with love all the time. We would rather make every day like a valentine's day than do something on one particular day that doesn't really mean anything to us. Meaning, it's because someone else says it's special rather than because it has meaning we gave to it.

Totally agree@Tracieknits ..same with Christmas...why not Love and Peace 24/7/365 x
Just listened to a phone in and they had a vote on " is Valentines Day a rip off"
840 said yes,it is
109 said no,it isn't
:razz: xx
Oh @CandiceMarie - don't get me started on Christmas! We tried to get our families to agree to no presents for adults, let's donate to charity instead. They were not impressed :-(

Glad to hear about that phone in though!
I agree that every day should be like Valentines when one is in a solid relationship.

I guess its a different situation entirely that for a single lady or single man who may be interested in a romantic rendesvous either casually or as a long term commitment, it gives people an opportunity to receive, give or hope for some small Valentine sentiment.

I must admit i know too many ladies who are "just not interested" which is a very sad thing. They have closed or appeared to close that part of their lives.
Juliana - to some extent I have closed that part of my life, because it just is too hard to get my hopes up and have them dashed. It's just easier to live my life the best I can without worrying about if I ever find someone. But, there is always a small part of me that hopes I will find someone some day! But, I have a lot of love in my life regardless - family, friends, students, etc!
brian1 wrote: oh crap, it's valentines day.

Did you forget something?
Juliana.Rivers wrote:
brian1 wrote: oh crap, it's valentines day.

Did you forget something?

Can't talk now, have to think of excuses, best I got so far is " really baby the dog ate the roses."

HELP. :sweat:
46 posts Page 1 of 4