The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
Had "the talk" with my OH
17 Nov 2013, 22:42
First time poster, frequent lurker... I just had to share some good news and a big step forward for me. My husband travels a lot for work and I'm usually able to fit in fast days around his trips. The problem is sometimes he doesn't travel for weeks. I say problem, but obviously I love his company... It's just a problem for my waistline! So I decided if really wanted to make this my WOL I needed to get him on board. I sat him down and explained it. He was super supportive and said he'd be fine with it. :victory:

Result!
Re: Had "the talk" with my OH
17 Nov 2013, 22:45
Hello and welcome :)

Well done, its great when your partner is supportive as well :like: :clover:
17 Nov 2013, 22:50
Brilliant! Mine is lovely and never commented about my size as I spent years yo-yo'ing. This time, when I made proper and permanent changes to my eating habits I told him that if he saw me heading into the kitchen after 8pm (when I get the munchies!!!) - to ask where I was going and challenge me..... just because I'd said it made ME not venture out there in case he did!!!
17 Nov 2013, 22:55
Thanks for the support! I didn't like the feeling of being sneaky. I too yo yo'd for years and my husband has seen me struggle so I think it'll be positive for him too. His only caveat was that he didn't have to fast too! Lucky stick doesn't need to!
18 Nov 2013, 13:37
Mine very supportive to the point of 'should you be eating that?' on my feed days if you don't mind! He is considering after seeing EAT FAST LIVE LONGER doing couple of 16:8 for health benefits as he doesn't need to lose weight. It is lovely to be encouraged and understood
18 Nov 2013, 13:45
that's great Katie, good for you!!

welcome and good luck to you :-)
18 Nov 2013, 15:29
Hehe, my youngest son (14) is the one that keep me on the straight and narrow, if I change fast day (without telling him) he goes "are you really allowed to have that today?
18 Nov 2013, 15:55
ha lucky all of you - my OH goes mad so I have to hide what I do from him. To the point that he sneaks up on me to see what I'm on on the laptop - only because he doesn't believe I need to lost any weight - he wouldn't be like that in other ways mind you. I had to pretend I was looking it up for my mother the other day but he doesnt believe and randomly quizzes me on what I've eaten that day
18 Nov 2013, 16:19
JMousey, I might tend to agree with him. How tall are you?
18 Nov 2013, 16:22
My husband was also very supportive when I told him what I was doing. He's not fasting, but he will apologise if he eats chocolate when I'm on a fast day!
18 Nov 2013, 16:54
My hubby is doing this with me too (he was just on the verge of obese), which is very supportive of him, but he often tries to fall off the wagon! Today he wanted to buy some mince pies, tut tut! It would have been so easy to say, "Yes let's". He's been a bit poorly with a virus and thinks he needs food: well he does but not that kind.
I think if you're trying to do this on your own you need a medal.
18 Nov 2013, 16:55
Thankfully I have the support of my husband and son also. I have done so well this year my hubby has started to cut back and has lost some weight also :grin: We don't eat the same kinds of foods all he times but they do benefit from some of the changes I've made.
18 Nov 2013, 17:03
I am pleased that I also have the support of my husband who is also 5:2ing now & has the support of his diabetic nurse because he has Type 2 diabetes. So good all around.
13 posts Page 1 of 1