The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Madcatlady wrote: I will be a bit late with my goal as I am away from home (no scales) til Thurs night so I will weigh Fri am and set target then as I need to know my starting point.

My aim is to have no alcohol in October then no wine until Xmas (other alcoholic drinks allowed but I won't be going mad!)

Hope this is Ok

NO WORRIES @Madcatlady all the best
Hi Juliana,
Thanks for doing all this!

I have never done one of these challenges before and was just wondering exactly how it works. Do we post our starting weight tomorrow? Do we weigh in every week and report or just keep our own tally?
I'm sure all will be revealed.
I won't be taking part this year, as I am now keeping an even 141-143lbs. I don't want to go any lower, but will be with you all in thought x
Hi from Wiltshire Jo - No: 70, I believe!

My goal is to get to at least 9 st 12lbs, and if I get to that, then to try for 9 st 9lbs; then maintain with that as my Libra weight. It might not sound like very much, but it's that last 1/2 stone that always eludes me.

My last WI (on Fri 26th Sept) was 10st 2lbs.

In terms of fitness, to keep attending exercise classes to increase endurance & flexibility, but not to pick up any more injury!

Thanks for running the challenge - Jo
Hello I am going for a 9 stone pre-Christmas weigh in (which is around 9lb loss) - another Sober October one here - and finding a balance with fast days and 16:8 enough to keep me losing but also give me the energy for gym sessions (I can't run on empty!).

Will sort out the updating stuff later - dinner's ready! :plate:
Good on you @Pennyforthem! You must feel so pleased and happy!
You're a great example to us all xx
Whoop! An hour til Oct...and already October in Oz! Let the challenge begin! :clover:
Good luck everyone and happy shedding!
PennyForthem wrote: I won't be taking part this year, as I am now keeping an even 141-143lbs. I don't want to go any lower, but will be with you all in thought x

Thanks @PennyForthem
Congratulations of getting to your goals and being able to stay there. You are an inspiration!
Catscratch wrote: Hi Juliana,
Thanks for doing all this!

I have never done one of these challenges before and was just wondering exactly how it works. Do we post our starting weight tomorrow? Do we weigh in every week and report or just keep our own tally?
I'm sure all will be revealed.

Catscratch

No worries.. its easy in what you have to do the forum.. the work is in what you consume (or dont consume) Yes, please post your weight any time from Today and we are encouraging week end weighings. if youve submitted a weight today, October 1 or tomorrow October 2 you can weight till the following friday October 11 for your second weighings

Fridays being end of week are usually a good day for the big weigh but you can change the day .

weekly weighings on a particular day arent essential but i found observing other challenges since last year, that its a good exercise and keeps up the momentum. rather than random weightings. if you are a daily weigher, feel free to post daily results. otherwise just the week end.

the posts to be on the big main thread so i can find it easily.

you can also update your signature with your data as that is a nice way of doing it. (in addition to saying hello on the official thread)
Thanks for that Juliana. I'll post my weight on the main thread now and then my new weight next Friday (and every subsequent) as you suggest. Oooooooh! I'm so excited!!!!
24 posts Page 2 of 2