The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Hi Juliana

I've been on two hols this year and on both gained a whopping 6lbs which is massive for someone my height. THe first hol I came back and went on Dukan and took about 6weeks to shift the weight. I had gone off fasting for a couple of months at that point. The second hol was 2 weeks ago to Maldives. I had recently returned to fasting and was hitting around 8st5. I ate all round me as it was all inclusive. I hit the scales at 9st1lb. 2 weeks in and lots of that weight fell off by doing 5:2 and 16:8 with weekends off. Hit the scales at 8st 8lbs. I am not going to wish away trying all that wonderful cuisine as I don't know when(or if )I'll ever get back to the Maldives and by next week I should be back where I started. I was also away for 10 days.

I would love to have had the willpower but I believe in life is too short and I don't particularly enjoy this WOL yet as 5 days are fairly restricted for me at the moment due to wanting fast results. However, if it is no problem then do it as some others have. I didn't want to so therefore had no will power too but most weight you put up in 10days will fall off fairly quickly
Hi julliana Well I'm a little late with my input :heart:
My holiday earlier in the year I never weighed in on my return as I suffer really bad water retention and in the past had ''gained'' 10 lbs in a weeks holiday I now know that can not be fat gain so am happier to go with the flow, holidays are for enjoyment so I will both enjoy + indulge, on my return I fasted next day plus2 more and couple of 16:8 Bingo got on scales 8 days later same weight :heart:
I'm away in 2 weeks myself so will probably do this again because will find it difficult to fast completely I made healthier choices and now having massive salad lunches at home and also reducing carbs I will try to incorporate these changes into my meals while away.
So no croissants and bread at breakfast + lunch is my moto.
We also do plenty walking while on holiday and in may got my 10,000 steps daily in so this helped :heart:
As you said you can do the days on your own far easier and put a couple of 16:8 s in or maybe fit a total 24 he fast in then eating eve meal with wine and not count at all that worked VERY well for me few months back
I throw one of those in each week now 24 hrs eat + drink anything I want all 3 courses. Good Luck :clover: Sue. :clover:
I guess I shouldn't feel bad about eating the whole of Italy judging by these posts!!! Yes Katamac, I had forgotten banana pancakes, it was a long time ago!!
As you say, importantly you know how to get it off again and that's the attitude I have taken too. Have a fab break!
Thank you all my friends for you generous responses.xx
We had a week in Malta just after I broke my wrist, which limited exercise opportunities and made lying in the sun more attractive. We paid for breakfasts up front so made the most of these, 3 courses including fried eggs/beans/potatoes/cheese, fruit, cereal(OH only), occasional pastry, yogurt etc. which is completely opposite to the way we eat at home. This stuffing was sufficient to get us till dinnertime, about 12 hours later, with no snacks/ice cream or beer.
Ate in the hotel twice, nice food in good quantities, the rest of the time we ate pasta or salad and filled up with wine and chocolate.
Weighed myself on return, had gained 3 ounces. Next day was a pound lighter, and the day after another pound gone. Can't really explain how that happened, and it put me 2 pounds below my maintenance target...
20 posts Page 2 of 2