The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Push up using kitchen bench is quick, can be done while waiting for the kettle to boil, and puts less pressure on your wrists.
Tracieknits wrote: This is one reason why slow weight loss is so much healthier than quick weight loss. When you lose about a half pound a week, your skin is more able to deal with it than if you lose 2 pounds per week.

now obviously someone losing 100 pounds will have some issues no matter how slowly they lose, but slow weight loss will give fewer problems in this area. That's one reason why I try to tell people not to despair if they aren't losing "fast enough"

indeed!
2 pounds a month even for some should be fast enough
I have been exercising since before I started 5:2 so I suppose it's difficult to say if it's made a difference as I'd need to have another me, not exercising whilst 5:2-ing, as a control!

I'm going to get some coconut oil and maybe try to lay off the caffeine which I'm totally addicted too as I figure that probably doesn't help.
jospeirs wrote: the top of my knees are positively corsatinaed. :shock:

I've started using bio-oil just recently, twice a day to see if it'll make any difference. Apparently I need to wait four weeks for results, so I'll let you know if it makes any difference!

In the spirit of scientific enquiry, how about applying bio-oil to one knee only? Then you can really tell if it makes a difference!
@pinchypops --are you doing a lot of tanning? That causes lots of wrinkling and may be contributing to the "granny" problem. Speaking as a granny, my life-long avoidance of the sun is paying off with skin that's relatively smooth.

Hope this helps :smile:
20 posts Page 2 of 2