The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
Okay, so we've all lost/are losing a good deal of weight eh? Which is great, but is anyone else a little perplexed at the excess skin and the crazy wrinkles that have appeared in unmentionable places? I'll mention mine...my butt looks like and elephants hide and the top of my knees are positively corsatinaed. :shock:

I've started using bio-oil just recently, twice a day to see if it'll make any difference. Apparently I need to wait four weeks for results, so I'll let you know if it makes any difference!
Mine is going to be a real problem that only surgery will correct , and knowing my GP he won't give it to me but that won't stop me trying at a later stage :shock: :shock:
I'm the meantime i'm also using bio oil on my face + neck, but for my body coconut, people say our skin ''pulls '' back in and maybe it does slightly, but I've still got a very long way to go and after loosing 3 stone my neck, legs, and arms are awful my belly area is also quickly catching up, most of these areas we can cover up but if I ever get back to swimming again it will now be a miracle which is a shame :clover:

I will await the other answers to see if there's any real help out there, excersise will prob be the answer and the ones i've seen for bingo wings is push-ups well theres no way i can push all this weight up but i have started a cheats version using the stairs. Good Luck Jo :clover: :clover: Sue. :clover:
Hi Sue, if the stair push up gets a bit much, there is also the standing against the wall one which is also effective. Just stand facing a wall with your hand flat on it at should height and do the press ups that way.

Noticed the tops of my arms are looking dreadful now. Really need to ad some weights to my fitness plan again.
This is one reason why slow weight loss is so much healthier than quick weight loss. When you lose about a half pound a week, your skin is more able to deal with it than if you lose 2 pounds per week.

now obviously someone losing 100 pounds will have some issues no matter how slowly they lose, but slow weight loss will give fewer problems in this area. That's one reason why I try to tell people not to despair if they aren't losing "fast enough" and its' totally what I tell myself while I'm on this turtle crawl, battling my thyroid.
I am SO grateful that my skin has bounced back! I must be one of the lucky ones because at 50 I sure didn't expect it to. Maybe because I started running at the same time, it has toned everything up as the weight came off. When I lay in the bath, at that funny "banana type angle" I have a few ripples on my tummy..... but when I stand up, thankfully it goes flat again....
When I push the skin on my boobs together slightly - CRINKLED GRANDMA TITS. Sorry to be crude, but all I can think of when I look down are my nan's saggy, wrinkled boobs that literally touch her knees sans bra!
I am joining in with despair at what to do with my wobbly bits. I don't have bingo wings I have eagles ones but I am noticing my arms are much smaller so I hope when the fat layer has gone there may still be some elasticity left in my skin to reduce back.I also have much more weight to lose with at least three stone still to go & at 66 I will be lucky if my stomach, thighs, derrière & legs look smooth. However when my sore arm is better I am going to use weights for the underarm exercises & I am going to start spot exercising more to try & tone up.
I lost hope in this respect looking at the stretch marks in my belly and boobs that I already have after my 2 pregnancies. I even have stretch marks in my thighs...
Given I proper weight lift & do lots of metabolic conditioning, I was hoping things would tighten up but it's slow. However, I seem to be smaller than I would expect for my current weight, so I may be condensing faster internally than skin can cope with, dunno, all interesting tho.
For me the worst bit is the belly 'overhang' I am sure I weigh less than when it 1st appeared. Got to go eventually hasn't it?
I think yoga is the best form of exercise. Just have a read of Barbara Currie's "15 Years Younger" and that might give you some inspiration. She shows you simple exercises that you can do anywhere, any time that help get rid of those unsightly double chins plus a couple of exercises to do first thing in the morning or on an empty stomach at least that help to lift and flatten the abs. Obviously results take a while to show but it just helps you feel so much better. I highly recommend! :-)
I can't find the right sources on the internet for this, but I remember from my raw vegan days that some who were reporting 100lb or more loss, were claiming not to have excess skin. Whilst I truly believe this to be an overstatement, here are a few things I picked up:

*It can take a couple of years for the skin to catch up with the rest of the body, so maybe all is not lost.
*Losing slow is best.
*Include a high proportion of raw fruit and veg in the diet, especially those with EFA's (eg avocado's) to really support the skin. (Raw vegan's talk about getting a 'glow' from the diet, which is true actually, but I'm not convinced it translates to excess skin......)
*Stay hydrated. Water, water, water.
*Use coconut oil or MSM lotion on the skin.
*Yoga and other forms of exercise.
I have a wobbly belly which doesn't seem to want to tone up, despite a lot of exercise focussed on that area (legs, bums and tums, hula hooping AND an abs workout each week), and when I push the skin together, it's SUPER crinkly. However I suspect thats a lot to do with having babies.

LE SIGH.
A friend of mine is having her bingo wings "sucked and stitched" even as I type. There are quite a few of us waiting to see how they turn out! I like the idea but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to go through with it.
So fat, as one of the hopefully massive losers on here, I haven't got too much trouble with excess skin, just cellulite looking wobbles, and until I can exercise properly again I can't do much in that department either.

As for the press ups, I was given easy press-ups to help my neck pain, before they realised it was a prolapsed disk. I must admit they worked a treat on my arms and actually made my boobs perkier as well. I do wish I could have kept them up. But, what I was told to do is to stand in front of a wall, hands on the wall at shoulder height. Then do a press up into the wall. Count for five seconds going into the wall, hold for 5 seconds then take five seconds to get back up right. Do 3 sets of 5 repetitions twice or 3 times a day. Any wall or door will do. As the exercise seems easier, move your feet further away from the wall. When you are too far from the wall (it feels unstable) shift to the edge of a kitchen worktop or stable desk.
20 posts Page 1 of 2