The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 2 of 2
I've been a daily weigher since I got scales in July. Now I'm more of less in maintenance (except for holiday gain), my plan is to focus on toning up and lowering body fat %.
I've been weighing myself daily since 4th Jan 2013. Before I found out about the Libra app (thanks kencc!) I was using spreadsheet to log in results. I do like looking at my trend line as a whole and would miss the app if I stopped taking daily weight results, so will be sticking to daily weigh-ins :wink: I've learnt not to be too hung up on the numbers but am taking an up-ward trend seriously and take action before the weight gain goes too far.

I'm taking tape measurements but not too often as those don't change so much now.
I'm with @rawkaren - no more than once a month is my goal, although I might be tempted, but like @merlin I haven't weighed myself since Christmas as I don't want to get demoralised.

Between weigh-ins it's
1) How clothes fit / mirror checks
2) Measurements (waist and hips)

I like the idea of having a particular pair of unforgiving jeans to get into. For me I suppose it's my wedding outfit, which hasn't fit me for 11 years, so I'd like to get to the point where it's too big :bugeyes:

I just blogged about my problem with scales - I know it's psychological but I'm trying to beat myself at my own mindgames!
:cool:
I will be paying weighing officially on Fridays, recording it on the Progress Tracker here, and checking in with the Valentine challenge. I also keep track of my weight on The Hacker's Diet website (which sounds very like the True Weight app) I used to be discouraged by the ups and downs but that graph helped me understand the normal fluctuations better. I also want to start measuring my waist weekly.
Tend to go mostly by how my waist band on jeans and skirts fits. when I hit my 60s five years ago I vowed I would never wear elasticated waists and this has helped keep me on the straight and narrow! Now I'm maintaining I weigh myself when I think about it, no regular pattern.
I decided to only weigh once a month. It's looking like I'm going to be a very slow responder to 5:2 weight wise, and I'm not ready to try 4:3 or ADF yet. But - my blood pressure and blood sugar numbers are coming down and I'm using less insulin each day as well. Even though I have huge amounts of weight to lose, it's more important to get those numbers under control and get off some of these prescriptions. Any weight loss will be a bonus (though I'd love it, I don't expect it, I've been disappointed too many times.) I went to the doctor in December - a month after I started 5:2 - and had every test and bloodwork under the sun done - not good, I can tell you. I will go back in 6 months to re-do most of them and see if this WOL is as good a fit as it seems. If I can undo some of the damage I have done to myself over the past decade, I will be grateful and willing to continue. I can see myself doing this for life, in fact, thinking about not doing it gives me a very unsettled feeling! I will gladly take whatever good results this lifestyle presents me with.
I'll continue with weighing daily (logging on an app ) and then logging on a Saturday morning here on this forum. It's working for me so I'm happy to continue :smile:
I'm with Suchard on this but I also measure daily too. Log onto the Tracker on Saturdays.
I also weigh daily, log it on theTrue Weight app and log it on the tracker here each Tuesday (because I started on a Tuesday)
I have an official weigh and measure (waist and hips) on the 6th of the month.

Having been a member of the Christmas club where we were encouraged to weigh more often I now do weigh more often but I only log my details on the forum progress tracker once a month on the 6th.

I can see the value in weighing more often as it helps me stay focused but I am going to stick to recording once a month.
Sounds like a lot of people are trying to weigh themselves less! I don't think I'm 'in tune' enough with my body yet to get there. I admire it :)

I am finally back in my student house and tomorrow the serious dieting and tracking begins... Eesh.

Strangely comforting to hear I am not the only one who plays mind games with myself!

Good luck for 2014 everyone, especially all my fellow Valentines challengers :)
26 posts Page 2 of 2