The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
How can this be??
01 Jan 2014, 16:54
Well with trepidation I did my first fast after Xmas on Monday, day went well had nothing to eat until my evening meal whereby I consumed just under 500 cals. Weighed myself the next morning and was quite happy with the result considering I have eaten and drank half my body weight over Xmas :grin: So did a little test ate my breakfast and then a couple of hours later went back on the scales and an extra 2lb was added on !!!!! How on earth can I have put on another 2lbs with just a boiled egg and hot cross bun?

Just goes to show that none of us can actually say what weight we are as just within a couple of hours the stats can so easily change!

just wanted to share .... :confused:
Re: How can this be??
01 Jan 2014, 16:58
Presumably you had something to drink as well as eat? Each 100ml of fluid weighs 100g...
01 Jan 2014, 17:03
I can do the same within 20 minutes of getting up as I have a half pint of water with my tablets and at least 2 mugs of tea. So that comes out at 900ml's of fluids at least, which is just under 1kg of extra weight, the 2lb's you are talking about.
01 Jan 2014, 17:09
I think we all have our mini weigh-in rituals. Me. Its half and hour after getting up, loo routine and brushing my teeth. I think you should only weigh under precisely the same conditions :lol:
4 posts Page 1 of 1