The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

49 posts Page 4 of 4
I lost weight on Weight Watchers in my late 20's and maintained between 135 and 140 pounds until the dreaded menopause hit at 42. That range put me in BMI 22, roughly. Now 20 years older and 40 pounds heavier (when I started 5:2), I thought I should pick a higher number, like 150 or so. After reading through that somewhat controversial thread in Jan started by @Juliana.Rivers, I changed my mind and am trying for 135-140 pounds again.
I feel the same as @bordergirl succinctly put it.
Truly, what I feel like is myself! I feel like I've shed a skin that I grew to deal with stress. The "skin" wasn't me. Now I feel like me. :cool: :heart:

I would feel like I returned to "Me" too.

I have a way to go, given the "scenic route" this has become in the last 3 months, but why not? It would put me in the category that statistically has the best longevity and health. If I get there and can't maintain or am looking too "scraggy", I will reconsider.
I wanted to be back at my pre-menopausal weight of 8st 7lbs but thought that would be impossible so decided that anything under 9 st would do, 8st 13lbs would be my goal. I am now hovering around 8st and have been now for over a year and am just thrilled skinny, as they say. I am not skinny, by the way, but feel better than I have in years and healthier and happier so for me IF has been a spectacular success. I wish for everyone who is struggling, and I did, it was not all plain sailing, the same success.

Ballerina x :heart:
My start weight in Jan 2013 was 12st 7lbs and I set my target weight at 10st as that would give me a healthy BMI. When I got to that target I decided I'd like to lose a few more pounds to give myself some 'wriggle room', so I set 9st 7lbs as my new target. Which is more or less where I am now.
I have now set a slightly lower target of 9st 4lbs - a BMI of 23 to give myself 'wriggle room' again. I will probably get there but I'm happy at anything around 9st 7lbs, and my body has sort of adapted to that size.
Interesting question, all I want is to be able to look ok in a wet suit. I know I am probably a bit old for that ambition. I didn't want to aim to high, or is that low, so I went for something that seemed achievable and within a healthy BMI. I may adjust to a lower weight if I can get to this and feel I need to do a bit more to get achieve the wetsuit challenge.
49 posts Page 4 of 4