The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
I fasted on Thursday and two days later I know I actually need to fast tomorrow as I don't feel right. What do you do?
Rather into the old Monday/Thursday combo now.
Hi Karen

I fast mondays and thursdays, i used to do tuesdays and fridays but changed due to work hours,so that gives me 2 and 3 days between fasts.
Sorry you dont feel right, hope that settles soon, and good luck with your fast tomorrow :-) :heart: :clover:
Hi Karen

Although I normally do Mon/Thurs I do shift the days to fit in with what else is happening. And if I have had a day of over-indulgence, I do try to fast the next day.

However, for you if may be important to work out why you don't feel right. If it is because of a carb overdose or some such, then fasting sounds like a good idea.

But if it is because you are ailing for something, then you need to know what that is before assuming that fasting is an appropriate response.

Maybe you just need to watch what you eat for the day, and only eat foods that you know are easy for your body to deal with.

Whatever you decide, hope you feel better soon :)

Best wishes
Sassy
As I'm maintaining my weight on 6:1 I go a whole week between fasting on Mondays generally, but after a very carb heavy meal with friends last Sat night I felt I just HAD to fast on Sunday as I was so bloated and uncomfortable. After a day's clean eating I felt so much better, lighter and bloat free.
Hope you're feeling much better soon Karen :heart:
I fast Mon/Wed/Fri so 1 day, 1 day, 2 days.
Usually Mondays and Thursdays, but a bit more varied the last few weeks, due to work commitments and family commitments. Was fasting today. Next week it will be Tuesday, and then not until the following Sunday (and I will need it by that time, having had about 3-4 meals out) ... It will be interesting to see if there is any difference in my appetite - haven't had a 3 course meal in a while, and from what others have said, might feel full more quickly.

Hope it's nothing more serious than just feeling a bit bilious, Karen x
Varies, but either

Mon, Thurs
Mon, Wed
Tues, Thurs

Never a weekend or Friday.... I need my G&T :wink: :grin:

I don't do the same for weeks, just change it up a bit. I nearly had to do back to back last week and my whole mood changed on the second day. Didn't like it, so changed my plans and reverted back to T & T.

Do what your body is telling you... they normally are the first to tell us to do something :smile:

Hope you feel better tomorrow :like:
Every third day, depending on social situation and whether I'm up for a fast.
Though its changing in the near future to a more 'normal' 2 days a week, probably Monday Friday as my son is finding the every third day to be 'taxing'.
I fast to fit my life, I find I prefer to be at home when I fast too as well as I just potter and can access my kitchen for fluids make a smoothie coffee etc.
Thank you everyone. I think I'm likely to settle at no longer than every third day depending upon my schedule. I fasted today for the first time since Thursday and it felt a little too long for me right now.
I know what you mean. The gap from Thursday to Monday is just that little bit too long isn't it.
Hi rawkaren - I try to do Mon, wed Fri but its not always possible with my social life. This week for example I was aiming to do Mon, Tues Thurs but back to back fasts are so hard I'm re thinking it and might do Mon & Thurs fasting but Tues & Wed could be a 16:8. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. You work out a lot though so it would be interesting to know why you feel you need to fast after 2 days?
jmousey wrote: Hi rawkaren - I try to do Mon, wed Fri but its not always possible with my social life. This week for example I was aiming to do Mon, Tues Thurs but back to back fasts are so hard I'm re thinking it and might do Mon & Thurs fasting but Tues & Wed could be a 16:8. I'll see how I feel tomorrow. You work out a lot though so it would be interesting to know why you feel you need to fast after 2 days?
. It was because I ate way too many carbs and drank way too much wine, than I have been used to of late and I was feeling very sluggish. Better today though for fasting :grin:
Minigill wrote: Varies, but either

Mon, Thurs
Mon, Wed
Tues, Thurs

Never a weekend or Friday.... I need my G&T :wink: :grin:

This, basically.
I don't do Fri, Sat or Sun.

Lil :heart:
17 posts Page 1 of 2