The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
How long is a fast?
24 Feb 2014, 20:21
Hey all,

I've been fasting today after my week off and then my parents (with whom I love) decide to have pizza and movie night. Obviously I gave in to this.

Can this still count as a fast as my fast started around 6pm last night? I've had a 25 hour fasting window and then eaten about 1000kcals this evening at 7.30? Or does it make sense to write today off and have a 'proper' fast tomorrow?

I usually fast from about 8pm to my 500 cal meal the next night.
Re: How long is a fast?
24 Feb 2014, 21:16
25 hours is a good fast. Don't fast again tomorrow but try again on Wed or Thur.
24 Feb 2014, 22:38
Everybody is different but i always fast by "day of week" so when i wake up i know its my fast day and forgive me if im wrong but i think the MM book kind of works on this day of week principle. i.e. pick 2 days out of the week to calorie restrict rather than a 24 hour period. I will have my dinner one night and then the next morning i know its my fast day and that's when i calorie restrict to 1/4 of TDEE.

but having said that everybody has their own "method" and the eating window / fasting window concept is legitimate too.
25 Feb 2014, 05:47
Thanks everyone!

@juliana.rivers yes that's what I normally do (2 days of the week) but I was just wondering if that 24 hour window would count. In the book he mentions a lot about spending some of your fast asleep for example of you did 6-6...which I never really got so I tend to ignore :grin:
5 posts Page 1 of 1