The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

47 posts Page 4 of 4
The only formal diet I did before this one is WW. The first time I did it over 10 years ago, it worked great for me. I lost 47 lbs. in a year. I've remained an online member ever since, going off and on the diet many times. But, over that time I've gradually gained back almost all the weight. I just could never get back into the daily habit of counting points. I also wasn't crazy about some of the changes to the plan that they made. I still thought though that it was the only diet I could really do....Until now. I'm really enjoying the fast diet. It is so simple. Even if the weight loss is slow, it's something I feel I can live with for a long time. I'll be cancelling my WW online membership at the end of this month!
In reading the posts, I realized something I hadn't before. When I was on WW, if I was off plan, I would eat foods that I normally wouldn't eat on plan. And if I was going to start on Monday, I would eat everything fattening I could leading up to it, since I wouldn't be able to. That's not necessary with this, since we can have those foods when we want. And there's no real stopping and starting with this diet. If you don't fast one week, you just do it the next week!
47 posts Page 4 of 4