The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
I started just 4.5 weeks back and have lost 3-4 pounds only. It has been very slow going for me. I am in the healthy BMI range - height 5ft1.5inches starting weight 116 lbs. I would really like to know if other people with similar profiles have seen better results. It is a little disheartening to see people losing so much weight when I am not seeing the same results. But I do intend to continue. I would like to lost 5 more lbs. I have also been exercising very regularly.

lost 3-4 pounds in 4.5 weeks.
Starting weight/height = 116/5ft 1in
alka wrote: I started just 4.5 weeks back and have lost 3-4 pounds only. It has been very slow going for me. I am in the healthy BMI range - height 5ft1.5inches starting weight 116 lbs. I would really like to know if other people with similar profiles have seen better results. It is a little disheartening to see people losing so much weight when I am not seeing the same results. But I do intend to continue. I would like to lost 5 more lbs. I have also been exercising very regularly.

lost 3-4 pounds in 4.5 weeks.
Starting weight/height = 116/5ft 1in

Your loss of 4lbs in 4 and a half weeks is right on target for .5lb-1lb a week (the average that people lose with IF), so I'm not quite sure why you're not happy with this :?: You're also already at a lower weight/bmi, and usually weight loss slows down at this point in the game. You're actually doing really well, just keep at it :)
Thanks Sarajaynevz! You are right. I shall chug on ;-)

Cheers!
I Think it also depends on how much you have to lose. Healthy BMI and not much to lose won't see big loses because they aren't there to lose iyswim. I have a fair bit to go. I've lost a stone in my first month but am still quite heavy.
I've lost what it says on my tracker, and I started two days or so before I joined the forum. The thing is, I did it for a while then lost the plot! So, the effectiveness of the diet can't be judged by time elapsed v weight lost alone. In the weeks I've done either 5:2 or ADF, I've lost at least the average (1lb a week) overall.
I had lost 45lb, but very recently put on 8lb, mostly water but I added it to the tracker. I still need to lose another 90 + pounds to get to my target weight, which is probably why I have temporarily stalled. Another 30lb by June would have me bouncing like a bunny with happiness.
But for me, being out of the morbidly obese range is good enough reason to keep on doing what i am doing.
I joined 31st December 2013 when I weighed myself for the first time in over 5 yrs. Shocked..149lbs - I thought I was about 130. I have never dieted before. I've lost around 9-10lbs so far, but that is the quick loss. I'm here for the long, slow loss so I'm light, healthy and happy for my age. You can't rush this way of life and reaching your goal.

Lizbean
At my lowest weight, 55 lbs or 25 kg. I started in late March 2013 and reached that weight in late December 2013 doing 4:3.
I am a newby but I have lost 2kg in 2 weeks
24 posts Page 2 of 2