The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
I have eaten 5 biscuits
27 Feb 2014, 15:21
Omg I was so hungry....

I have even been looking at gastric balloons online.....what is wrong with me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Re: I have eaten 5 biscuits
27 Feb 2014, 15:24
Is this a fast day? Tut tut

Bean :bugeyes: :heart:
27 Feb 2014, 15:29
Claire23 wrote: I have even been looking at gastric balloons online.....what is wrong with me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Only you can answer that Claire but why the hell was you looking for the ADF tent 5 mins ago. :shock:
You need to make up your mind girl :shock: :shock: :shock:
27 Feb 2014, 15:29
Calm down...and tell us a bit more. Is it 5 biscuits on a fast day or non-fast day? If a non-fast day, it's fine. If you're 16:8 ing and its within the 8 hours, also fine. If it's a fast day, just continue as if it hasn't happened. OK so your calorie intake will be a bit higher than planned but still way lower than a normal day. Forget it, move on and just carry on with your fasting as planned.

It happens to all of us from time to time.
27 Feb 2014, 15:41
AS the others have said deep breath calm and count to 10. If you are keeping a food dairy log it and it may help to log why you think you got yourself in a panic. Look for patterns and triggers , it's how we learn.
27 Feb 2014, 15:45
If there is a 'crumb' of comfort, 5 biscuits in one day will not be your lifelong undoing, but could become that way if consumed daily.
27 Feb 2014, 15:45
I am doing 16:8 and within 8 hours and i only have cucumber and turkey slices at lunch
27 Feb 2014, 15:48
Don't worry about it Claire, as I said last time - don't beat yourself up over it. I was fasting on Tuesday and went over by about 100 cals. I'm not even bothered because it's still a dramatic reduction on my normal calories.

Remember it's not a diet, IF is so flexible that you can do what works for you!

I remember what my friends mum said to me when I got crappy as level results (6 years ago) and I never ever forget it: keep your pecker up

Just seen your post when I was submitting: GURLLLLL that's no good! You're on 16:8-eat what feels right!
27 Feb 2014, 15:58
Having only cucumber and turkey for lunch is not going to help you in the long run. It's clearly not enough to fill you up, hence the biscuits.

From reading your previous posts, its pretty obvious that you have had a horrible panic about the big numbers, and this drastic change of eating is a knee-jerk reaction to that. I think many of us can associate with the panicky 'must do something drastic NOW' feeling. I also believe we are all here because we've found out that quick, drastic fixes don't work.

At your weight, your TDEE must be pretty reasonable. You DO NOT need to be starving halfway through the day doing 16:8! Don't do this to yourself. Accept that you need to take baby steps and make them sustainable ones.

You CAN do this, but only if your heart is really in it and you are prepared to properly follow whichever plan you choose. The fact that you have come back to the forum shows that you have reached a tipping point in your personal battle. Take the time to read some of the many inspirational stories of other people's struggles. You might just find the key to your own success story along the way. Good luck! :clover:
27 Feb 2014, 16:09
On my understanding 5.2 isnt a diet, soooo if you have a biscuit now thats ok.....just dont have a biscuit the next time you fancy one......we all have moments when we want something nice do t feel guilty or you will start to think you are on a diet ....
27 Feb 2014, 16:25
Re 16:8, here's my typical day and bear in mind my TDEE is 1500.
No breakfast, lots of black coffee
About 12 a handful of almonds (low carb but high fat is a great way to break your fast and prevents insulin spikes)
Lunch: big bowl of soup, toast and butter, followed by coffee and a slice of cake
Dinner at about 6:30: some kind of meat/fish with lots of veggies and a small helping of starch (e.g. 1 potato, 50g rice), glass of wine, and either more nuts as nibbles before dinner or a dessert such as stewed fruit and cream.

I've lost 10 kg since August like this. Sure the rate of loss has slowed now I'm near target, but you can see that you don't need to starve yourself to make it work. If you're hungry, eat nourishing food. You can still have treats like biscuits and cake but try not to be eating them while you're feeling really hungry. Have enough lunch that you feel satisfied before having a couple of biscuits.

Try this for a couple of weeks and see what happens, then if you need to try lengthening your fasting period and shortening the window on some but not all days...two per week is a good idea (5:2, see).

I think you need to let the appetite suppressing effect of fasting take hold rather than try to force it by restricting your calories. If you keep restricting like you've done it'll just be a normal diet that's doomed to fail. You need to relax into the process and find a way of eating that works for life, being constantly hungry is not it. You need to have set times when being hungry is ok for you (your fasting periods) but the other times you need to feel you can eat to satisfaction.

Sorry for the lecture, but you'll see that you'll find a way, but feeling guilty is not right and you don't deserve to feel guilty for just being human!
27 Feb 2014, 16:47
Claire, increase your water/tea to fill up. Or an apple. Mint tea has helped my tummy relax in the past.
12 posts Page 1 of 1