The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

17 posts Page 1 of 2
I have made a decision
27 Feb 2014, 20:21
I really think I am putting too much pressure on myself and some have said this on my post about the biscuits earlier.

I have decided to eat three meals a day and have healthy snack times, I think its the only way I can get myself into this.

So I thought a rough meal plan as follows;

9am - 2 Weetabix with milk
11am - Apple/Carrot sticks/banana
1pm - Lunch (300-400 cals)
3pm - Yogurt
6-7pm - smaller dinner portion

I think doing it this way will help me, as I am eating every 2-3 hours.

I know this isn't the 5:2 or the 16:8 but surely its better than the 3000-4000 cals I have been consuming daily.

I am also going to start Aqua fit twice a week at my local leisure centre as that will be okay on my knee injury and then will walk the dog fast when my injury is better.

I hope I can still stay on here

thanks to everyone
Re: I have made a decision
27 Feb 2014, 20:25
Having made your decision, I am sure you'll feel better. We are all here to support you xx
27 Feb 2014, 20:34
Hi Claire I'm sure you'll feel better now you have a plan and feel under less pressure. That will make things easier for you.

You know you can change things around as you get more comfortable with changing your eating habits and we are all here to help. I hope the aquafit helps your knee.
27 Feb 2014, 20:35
lovely to see you being kind to yourself, @Claire23. IMHO you need to cut yourself some slack, not by overeating or undereating, but by tuning into your own body's needs and acting on them. Then if things get on top of you, and you have a bit of a binge, you need to forgive yourself! You are human.
27 Feb 2014, 20:38
Thanks everyone,

I do feel better and more positive now I have a little plan in place.

I have had a lot going on in my life recently, my best friends has treated me badly and my sister isn't talking to me so I have just been turning to food but I cant do it too myself anymore.
27 Feb 2014, 20:46
Good luck Claire and don't forget to come back on here as often as you need to for support, as well as camaraderie and laughs - it's not all serious on here, and that might help too :wink:
27 Feb 2014, 20:48
Best wishes Claire! You need to do what is best for you.

Take care and keep on posting!
27 Feb 2014, 21:17
Don't worry @Claire23 whatever you decide, we are all here to help you on your way. You'll get wonderful support here

Bean :smile: :heart:
27 Feb 2014, 21:34
That sounds so much better and more positive Claire. Good luck, and keep us posted. Everyone is rooting for you :clover:
27 Feb 2014, 21:39
You go girl! Keep in touch and make sure you let us know how you're getting on xxxx
27 Feb 2014, 21:42
Good idea Claire and if those 3 meals are from the outer perimeter of the supermarket eg the fruits lower carb, lots of veggies low carb too and salads and herbs. Then good protein. Eggs nice cuts of meat or tofu etc.

Really cutting down on the sugars and the bars and boxed cereals (frankly better not to have them in the house at all) making your food from scratch as well so you know what is going into your meals.

You need good fats like coconut oil and cream and butter. Ditz marg. Think also about reducing your carbs to at least low GI. Do all that and you will find those 3 meals are wonderful and doing you good. It is a lovely way to eat. There are some lovely recipes on this site

Wishing you then very best and stitch with us here we will support you
27 Feb 2014, 22:14
You know yourself best, Claire, so congrats on working out a sensible plan for you & the very best of luck too!

We are all willing you to succeed - so keep in touch & let us know how it goes xx

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
27 Feb 2014, 22:30
:heart: Good plan @Claire23 Personally I'd ditch the weetabix or any cereals because its the carbs that give us the cravings as in your biscuit attack today. :heart: Sue
27 Feb 2014, 22:39
A plan said out loud is always helpful I find. Good luck. And let us know how you're getting on.
27 Feb 2014, 22:45
Hi Claire, you have to do what's right for you. Be kind and gentle with yourself and don't get down if your eating plan doesn't go 100% as you would like on a given day. Just keep tracking and watch the overall downward trend. I personally eat a little bit on most mornings including fastdays. Occasionally, if activities warrant, I'll not eat, but most often, I want something right away, even if it's only hot tea and pistachios. 16 pistachios are 25 calories, and I love the slowness of eating them and, I admit, the salt. :wink:

BREAKFAST: hot tea & (1/4c. or less oatmeal with a dab of peanut butter in it, nonfat plain Greek Yogurt with a sprinkle of sucralose, 1/4c. berries & 1 T or so chopped almond OR about 100-150 calories worth of pistachios and, sometimes, 1 egg cooked in microwave. Sometimes I spread my pistachios over the morning. Finish up with lots of coffee. It's my go to between meals. :smile:
LUNCH: Usually some homemade chicken soup with veggies OR just a couple of cups of chicken broth (only about 10 or 15 cals for 1 c. broth) with seasonings and maybe some berries or 1/2 apple. More coffee. :bugeyes:
DINNER: usually a huge salad or greens with my own balsamic vinaigrette (3 or 4 parts balsamic to 1 part extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic & pepper) and salmon or tilapia or grilled chicken or shrimp and maybe more veggies. And one tiny bit of Lindt dark chili chocolate. Lots of decaf coffee. I try to stay away from carbs at night and on fast day, generally.
As for snacks between meals (except for the afore-mentioned counted out pistachios, occasionally), I try to stay with 3 meals a day and no snacks. I found I could do this, and it helped me not have to constantly think about food. On my non-fast days, I do pretty much the same protocol, I'm just looser with the carbs, but trying to stay with whole grain foods and fiber-filled vegetables; sweets have to be spectacular to make the cut! :grin: I have a little larger lunch and dinner, but feel best with small breakfast. It seems to work for me.
So, I really like the way you are taking control of your WOE! Just be patient! Don't get (and stay discouraged)! You are smart and capable and you will succeed! :heart: :victory: :heart:
17 posts Page 1 of 2