The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 1 of 2
I'm alive
05 Nov 2014, 14:26
Yes I am, but not fasting. Well, I have tried from time to time since the hip replacement, but my body just screams "feed me!!". Today i talked to my physio girl about this and she said "you are still healing, it takes time and just take it easy on the 5:2". Not that I have gained that much, round 1.5kg, but I had a goal for Christmas. Now I'm rea-goaling and let's say - next March I will be well under 80kg :) The good thing is that she say that I'm around 1 month ahead of normal rehab (which is round 3 months) - it pays of to be stubborn as a mule. And I can manage 30kg on 3 of the leg machines - yayyy.

Am back at work after 4 months and although I don't find it that fun, it's great to be among grown ups again (The DH don't count) and honestly, I had no idea I was that popular cause the amount of happy squeals and hugs I got was totally surprising. And my boss lady said this morning "heck, you look GOOD!" Imagine what I must have been looking like before the surgery?? :o

Back to the sewing machine and the umpteenth trial compass needle.
Re: I'm alive
05 Nov 2014, 14:58
Good to hear from you @Wolfie - hope your recovery continues well!

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
05 Nov 2014, 15:02
Glad you are doing so well.
05 Nov 2014, 15:06
Hiiiii there Wolfie! Don't overdo it in work or at home..remember" you're still healing" like the physio said
And i' m not at all surprised your colleagues were glad to see you again..so are we! X :like:
05 Nov 2014, 20:24
Had to smile at your subject line @Wolfie sounds like you are in good form though. I figure when the time is right you will get back to IF follow your body 's signs. Your sense of humour is lovely
05 Nov 2014, 20:31
@Wolfie! Wonderful you're healing so well, take good care and no rushing it m'dear, we're in this for the long haul so sensible eating and exercise - no fasting until your body is properly up to it x :like: :clover: :heart:
05 Nov 2014, 20:47
Somewhat selfishly, with an eye to my own upcoming knee & shoulder surgeries, I'm delighted to read that you're rehabbing so well and so quickly.

It must be such a relief to be around adults again :)

Good Luck for your continued wellbeing. :clover:
05 Nov 2014, 23:01
Take care of yourself and best wishes for a speedy recovery :smile:
05 Nov 2014, 23:41
Lovely to hear from you and good to know that your recovery is going well :) As others have said, you'll know when you are ready to start fasting again, in the meanwhile enjoy some good healing food! Best wishes. :)
06 Nov 2014, 00:17
Lovely to see you back too Wolfie, keep up the stubborn good work!
06 Nov 2014, 00:49
Welcome back wolfie! Good to hear from you and your progress of recovery. Small steps are good and your great humour is very uplifting!!!!! LBx
06 Nov 2014, 03:53
Welcome back Wolfie :heart:
06 Nov 2014, 05:39
Well done and thanks for checking in and letting us know. I add my voice to everyone saying, take it slowly, and get well soon.
06 Nov 2014, 07:20
Great one Wolfie. Hope you continue to recover well. And achieve your goal. :heart:
06 Nov 2014, 08:11
Hi Wolfie and welcome back!
20 posts Page 1 of 2