The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

16 posts Page 1 of 2
I've been bad today
22 Oct 2014, 16:07
:cry: it's not a fast day today and I haven't stopped grazing all day!!! Having a down day. Guess everyone has one of those, right?
Re: I've been bad today
22 Oct 2014, 17:02
Absolutely, @Tutti, we all have them. My remedy is to eat some kind of robust protein like a chicken leg or boiled egg. For me that mollifies the hunger monster and puts me in a place where I can talk myself down from the ceiling :dazed:
Good luck m'dear!
22 Oct 2014, 17:16
You're not alone @Tutti - the good news is that tomorrow is another day!

Best to try and work out what has made you feel like this if you can so that you can do something about it.....

In the meantime I would recommend spending time on the forum, getting inspiration from other members.

:clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:
22 Oct 2014, 17:22
Yes we're all the same. Sometimes I graze a lot.
But having eating windows like 16.8 19.5 etc helps stops this. Well it did for me anyhow.
Never mind, not the end of the world. How many cals did you tot up then? Or don't you know :geek: :bugeyes:
22 Oct 2014, 17:47
Yes we're all human and sometimes we' ll eat the things that don't contribute to our good health.
I am probably worse than you Tutti..bacon on buttered toast this morning....cuppas and shortbread at regular intervals throughout the day whilst helping DD unpack in her new home! Prob buttery baked spud tonight..
Such a carby,sugar and fatty day..hardly any protein..bacon isnt really a good source of protein is it! :shock:
Tomorrow is another day and another chance to do better than today! Let's go for it Tutti! X
22 Oct 2014, 18:17
I have no idea how many calories I've had today. Too many, way to many is my guess. I'm sitting here feeling sick and stuffed! I've planned tomorrow down to the letter and I will be enjoying my fast. Never thought I would say that! I think I know what triggered the binge. I got up early, really early at 3 am as I had to let the dog out. Tossing and turning decided to get out of bed at 4am and had a coffee. Then two hours later toast with butter. Then at 9am oats, then more toast! Lunch was a big roll with cheese and ham. Then at 4pm a pain au chocolate, tea was couscous and fish stew followed by a pastry!!! Well all that and I'm ready to throw up! Aargh. Tomorrow is a new day. Bring on my fast.
22 Oct 2014, 19:30
Same here Tutti, I've just eaten a massive slice of carrot cake and I didn't even really want it! Liquid only fast for me tomorrow.
22 Oct 2014, 20:05
Happens to me too now and again. Usually caused by some sort of stress. I drink extra water to flush all that bad stuff out. And I agree eating a good protein helps tame the monster. Tomorrow's another day. Think of what gives you more pleasure crappy food or stepping on the scale to find a few pounds lost.
22 Oct 2014, 20:12
Oh yeah, I used to get days like that where all I could do was munch. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it, if its a one off it's not going to kill you :)
22 Oct 2014, 20:43
Never mind @Tutti just have a great fast day and you will feel better. I hope we see you on the fasting today thread. :smile:
23 Oct 2014, 03:02
Hi @Tutti, I understand how disappointed you feel with yourself but, as the others have said, most of us have similar days. You/we aren't bad, just human! Days like this happen. :)

The wonderful thing about having discovered fasting is that we know this is a technique that we can use to counteract days where we eat to excess. Previously, when I overindulged I would tell myself that I would eat less the next day, but because I didn't know that fasting was possible/ok, would still end up eating normally or worse.
Of course, fasting is not an excuse to overeat regularly, but is a wonderful strategy to deal with this when we do.

And I don't think your overindulgence was so bad!! It wasn't as if you ate crisps, lollies, drank soft drinks - foods with no nutritional value at all. I do hope you at least enjoyed the foods while you were eating them, even if you felt regret after.

There are some schools of thought that it can be good for the body to have the odd day where we eat more than we need - keeps the body guessing! (Others could explain the rationale for this better than I am able to.)

Best wishes as you continue with this way of life! :D
23 Oct 2014, 03:22
Today I am fasting. Tomorrow I plan to be very bad. :oops: :bugeyes: :wink:
23 Oct 2014, 05:13
@tutti, it's not a fast day, so don't worry about it. Gradually with more fasts under your belt, you won't want to overeat on non-fast days. I think it's just something we do in the beginning. Well, that was my experience.
23 Oct 2014, 05:45
You know, @Tutti, the more I ponder this subject of breakfast, I believe carb and even protein breakfasts for those wanting to stave of hunger is a no no. I know for myself on the days I have carbs or protein of any kind for breakfast, I've pretty much lost the battle. I can have salad and have no trouble sticking to a healthy feast day and fast day too. Anything else and I'm often irrationally hungry beyond lunch even. I know salad is weird for breakfast, but it works for me. On a fast day I might only have a cherry tomato or half a cucumber. And it's so true, tomorrow is another day and planning what you will eat the day before a fast works very well. All the best to you. :geek:
23 Oct 2014, 08:20
Sassy1 wrote: Hi @Tutti, I understand how disappointed you feel with yourself but, as the others have said, most of us have similar days. You/we aren't bad, just human! Days like this happen. :)

The wonderful thing about having discovered fasting is that we know this is a technique that we can use to counteract days where we eat to excess. Previously, when I overindulged I would tell myself that I would eat less the next day, but because I didn't know that fasting was possible/ok, would still end up eating normally or worse.
Of course, fasting is not an excuse to overeat regularly, but is a wonderful strategy to deal with this when we do.

And I don't think your overindulgence was so bad!! It wasn't as if you ate crisps, lollies, drank soft drinks - foods with no nutritional value at all. I do hope you at least enjoyed the foods while you were eating them, even if you felt regret after.

There are some schools of thought that it can be good for the body to have the odd day where we eat more than we need - keeps the body guessing! (Others could explain the rationale for this better than I am able to.)

Best wishes as you continue with this way of life! :D

That's the thing though, I didn't actually enjoy the food! However this morning I feel good and it's behind me. Thanks all for your support xx
16 posts Page 1 of 2